Terms Of Service
Statement of Rights and
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "SRR") derives from the Hooke Principles, and is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Hooke. By using or accessing Hooke, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time.
Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Hooke, In addition:
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Hooke (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
3. When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
4. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Hooke, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Hooke, but you
understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for
them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep Hooke safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Hooke safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Hooke.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Hooke, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Hooke.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
9. You will follow our Hooke guideline and all applicable laws if you publicize or offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (ÒpromotionÓ) on Hooke.
10. You will not use Hooke to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
11. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Hooke, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Hooke functionality.
12. You will
not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
4. Registration and Account Security
Hooke users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on Hooke, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a Hooke Page for such purposes.
5. You will not use Hooke if you are under 13.
6. You will not use Hooke if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
8. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
10. If you
select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve
the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when
a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a
user's actual name).
Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on Hooke that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on Hooke if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
3. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
4. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
5. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
7. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Hooke.
will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their
consent. Hooke offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide
feedback about tagging.
6. Mobile and Other Devices
1. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees will still apply.
2. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to
sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that
is visible to them on Hooke.
If you make a payment on Hooke or use Hooke Credits, you agree to our Payment Terms
8. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced
In the event we deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
1. You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
2. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as
9. Special Provisions Applicable to Software
1. If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
2. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
1. Unless we make a change for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, we will provide you with seven (60) days.
2. If we make changes to policies referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
continued use of Hooke following changes to our terms constitutes your
acceptance of our amended terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Hooke to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 3-5, 8.2, 9.1-9.3, 9.9, 9.10, 9.13, 9.15, 9.18, 10.3, 11.2, 11.5, 11.6, 11.9, 11.12, 11.13, and 15-19.
1. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Hooke, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on Hooke and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Hooke. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Hooke. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of Hooke.
TRY TO KEEP HOOKE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE
ARE PROVIDING HOOKE AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING,
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT HOOKE WILL
ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT HOOKE WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT
DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. HOOKE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS,
CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR
DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN
AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE
AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE
CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE ¤1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO
CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE
TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY
AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY
LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES
ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR HOOKE, EVEN IF WE HAVE
BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY
ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR HOOKE WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE
DOLLARS ($1) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY
NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, HOOKE'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST
EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
13. Special Provisions
Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with Hooke outside the United States:
1. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
2. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on Hooke (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use Hooke if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
1. By "Hooke" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.HookeAudio.com and any other Hooke branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
2. By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Hooke or provide data to us.
3. By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Hooke.
4. By "content" we mean anything you or other users post on Hooke that would not be included in the definition of information.
5. By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Hooke or provide to Hooke through Platform.
6. By "post" we mean post on Hooke or otherwise make available by using Hooke.
7. By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
8. By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into Hooke at least once in the previous 30 days.
"application" we mean any application or website that uses or
accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data
from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from
us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
1. If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and Hooke, Inc. Otherwise, this Statement is an agreement between you and Hooke Ireland Limited. References to Òus,Ó Òwe,Ó and ÒourÓ mean either Hooke, Inc. or Hooke Ireland Limited, as appropriate.
2. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Hooke, and supersedes any prior agreements.
3. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
4. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
5. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
6. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
7. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
8. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
9. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
10. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
11. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Hooke.