There are a lot of different factors to consider when choosing the best 12 inch subwoofer for car. The size of your car, the type of music you like, and how much money you’re willing to spend are all important factors. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We’ve rounded up the best 12 inch subwoofer reviews so that you can choose the perfect one for your ride.
- 1 Top Rated 12 Best 12-Inch Subwoofer Reviews & Recommendations
- 2 Pioneer TS-A300D4
- 3 Buyer’s Guide For Choosing The Perfect 12-Inch Subwoofer
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Conclusion
Top Rated 12 Best 12-Inch Subwoofer Reviews & Recommendations
|1||MTX Audio Terminator Series...||$149.95||View on Amazon|
|2||Kenwood KFC-W120SVC Road...||$59.99||View on Amazon|
|3||Skar Audio Single 12" Complete...||1,544 Reviews||View on Amazon|
|4||Skar Audio Dual 12" Complete...||709 Reviews||View on Amazon|
|5||Kicker Dual 12-Inch 1200 Watt...||333 Reviews||$279.96 $262.96||View on Amazon|
|6||Skar Audio SDR-12 D2 12" 1200...||967 Reviews||View on Amazon|
MTX Audio Terminator Series TNP212DV
Best 12 Inch Subwoofer for Bass
Warning! Don’t mess around with the gain. My friend ignored my warnings and was able to break his back window for 50% gain. Two 12″ subs are included in the box. They have a rating of 500 Watts RMS.
Although the woofer is quite large, it is worth every inch. Although the bass is powerful, it’s not overwhelming. However, you’ll be driving your neighbors crazy.
It’s not only powerful but also looks great. MTX provided a luxuriously designed and well-constructed box. You get the amp with the bundle. Simply plug it into your music and enjoy! The sub will revolutionize the way you listen and enjoy your favorite tracks.
You’ll get a lot for your money. You get powerful and heavy bass for a reasonable price. What more could you want?
It’s why it’s at my top:
- It shakes the house: The bass is powerful. The house was shaking every time I pulled up to the garage. My little one screamed, “Daddy’s home!”
- Turnkey Subwoofer System: The subs come in a perfect box, and the amp is included.
- Wallet-friendly: This MTX Audio Terminator Series sub-series is a great value for money.
These are the few downsides I have encountered:
- The initial smell will last for a while but will disappear when you are done. After that, the bass will be perfect.
- Some people experience flickering sounds. This is a sign that the gain has been set too high, so it’s important to lower it.
This sub is unique. It is a hit with people all over the world. Many happy customers are switching to this sub-sub. It is installed in Jeep, Mercedes C300, and Challenger cars, among others.
People love this sub, and they buy it all the time. Don’t be surprised if the item is out of stock. It is a good idea not to wait, and you may be able to find one later.
- Hardcore bass at 50% gain.
- It is super easy to install, as everything has been pre-configured for you.
- It’s very affordable. It won’t break the bank.
- A few people reported flickering headlights.
- Some people said that amps heat up.
Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12
The Rockford Fosgate P3D4 is the best choice if you want a great bass response and sound quality. It provides full, low-resonant bass with 600 watts RMS power and 1,200 watts peak power.
Rockford Fosgate’s Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST) is a key reason the P3D4 produces great sound. This fancy name refers to the technology that increases the speaker’s effective cone size. VAST, which combines the lightweight anodized aluminum cone with a responsive, full-sounding sound, can be used in a sealed or port enclosure.
Although the drawbacks are not major, they have a lower sensitivity rating than other subwoofers. It doesn’t convert power to volume like other models at 85 decibels. The frequency range is limited to 28 hertz. This is fine for most applications, but it won’t provide the subsonic rumble you want.
Rockford Fosgate’s PF3D4 is the best subwoofer if sound quality is more important than rattling your food. This subwoofer is handsome, durable, and produces a resonant, all-around bass sound. Its flexible-fit frame allows it to be adjusted to fit almost any 12-inch area. It will look great in this space and, more importantly, sound amazing.
- Cone of solid anodized aluminum for long-lasting durability
- Delivers crisp, clear bass sound
- Adjustable mounting options
- Made with high-quality components
- The low-frequency range of other models isn’t quite as low.
- 85 dB is less sensitive than other models
Pioneer TS-A300D4 has a polypropylene cone that has been injected with glass fiber and mica to make it stiffer. This cone is extremely stable and will not vibrate excessively when driven with large amounts of power.
Butyl Rubber Surround
The rubber surround of the TS-A300D4 ensures that the cone is free to move freely but also prevents it from being trapped in the speaker basket from excessive movement.
600 Watts RMS
The Dual Voice Coil TS300D4 is similar to the Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12. It has an RMS rating of 600 watts, which means it will work well with a high output amplifier. Six hundred watts is enough to make your ears ring, I’m sure.
The TS-A300D4 also has an impedance rating of 4 ohms, which, like the P3D4-12, allows it to draw a large current but still places a small load on the amp.
Pioneer TS-A300D4 amp is highly sensitive with a rating of 96 dB. You won’t need to crank it up to very loud volumes.
The TS-A300D4’s frequency response is much narrower than the Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12. It ranges from 20 Hz to 80 Hz. Therefore, it can not reproduce many upper-bass frequencies and can distort the lower end. However, if your amplifier has a variable-low-pass filter, this should not be an issue.
- Solid construction with reinforced polypropylene cone & butyl rubber surround
- High RMS
- Standard Impedance
- Extremely sensitive
- Notable distortion in the upper bass region
The Best 12-Inch Sub for Money
This is our first choice, and it’s also our pick for the best 12 inch subwoofer 2019 overall. It comes with a high-excursion 12-inch driver.
This product is a result of careful attention to detail. The overall weight was kept low, but the functionality was high.
You will be buying a subwoofer with 300 watts of RMS power and peak power of 720 watts. This subwoofer can take your movie-watching or music-listening experience to the next level. You have full control over the subwoofer’s output at all levels, thanks to an amplifier built into it.
It is strongly built and sealed in a custom-made cabinet. This allows you to enjoy distortion-free bass at any volume. The SVS subwoofer is a great choice for budget-minded people.
- This subwoofer is powerful and can produce 300 watts RMS and a peak power of 720 Watts. It provides an extraordinary listening experience.
- The sub is lighter than many of the other options.
- This subwoofer has the lowest low-frequency response of any subwoofer at this price.
- The SVS is a great addition to your home theater system and general speakers for music.
- This product’s price is the main drawback. It is much more expensive than the rest.
- Compared to the SB-2000 performance from the same company, the performance is slightly less than the SB-2000.
Skar Audio SDR-1X12D2
Hardest hitting 12-inch Subwoofer
The bass is crazy! This will ruin a great relationship with your neighbors if it isn’t turned down quickly. It will also rattle other cars, so you must turn it down at stoplights. It’s only a 12″ sub, but it can produce 600 Watts RMS.
A friend of mine also had an amazing experience with customer service. He was sent the best box design by the rep to get the most out of it. Skar Audio went above and beyond.
The bass is loud and hard but also clear and precise. It can easily outpower and even take down two 12″ subs. It is a beast.
Here are the reasons it is a must-have:
- Bass heads love this sub.
- The vibrations will be felt throughout your body: This is not a joke, sub. The vibrations will be felt throughout your body.
- Amazing price: Gone are the days of paying $600 to get a bone-rattling bass. This bass is a bargain.
There are a few things you need to be aware of:
- It makes a loud squeaking sound during low-bass sequences, which I find annoying.
- For the top-rated deep bass subwoofers, you can also check out the best 12-inch subwoofer 2020.
- Be prepared! It will smell like a broken in. It will eventually disappear after a while, and you’ll know it is properly broken in.
This sub is a powerful and reliable unit that many love. I have had the pleasure of installing it in a Kia Optima and Kia Stinger.
Many people are interested in this sub, so don’t be surprised if stock runs out. There were still some in stock, so act fast if they disappear.
- You must adjust your mirrors often because the bass is so powerful.
- They go above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.
- These vibrations are powerful. They can be felt throughout your body.
- During the burning-off period, there is a strong odor.
- There is a little squeaking during ultra-lows.
Pyle, a well-known name in electronics, makes a wide variety of high-quality and affordable car audio components. This is the PLPW12D, an excellent example of what I mean. It’s a great value for money yet can produce 800 watts RMS power and over 1,600 watts peak power. It has a high sensitive rating and can handle a broad range of sounds.
Although the Pyle has a rubber suspension and a magnet boot to reduce speaker fatigue, there are some questions about the paper cone. The Pyle’s nonpress paper cone is good quality but not as durable as polypropylene. It can also sound a little muffled, especially at higher volumes.
It’s worth the trade if the cone is made of paper to keep the price down. The PLPW12D has a rubber suspension and a steel basket. It also featured a specially treated foam surround and smoked and vented motor construction. These features allow the Pyle to withstand loud bass and the punishment of living in your trunk.
- Low price
- High RMS power output
- Magnet boot and rubber suspension
- The sound quality isn’t as good as in other models.
- Paper cone isn’t as responsive or durable as other materials.
Polypropylene Cone and Rubber Surrounds
You are now familiar with the advantages polypropylene offers stiffness, reduced weight, and durability. The KFC-W3016PS cone is not reinforced like the Pioneer TSA300D4, but it is strong enough to withstand high power.
This rubber surround gives the subwoofer cone the flexibility it requires to vibrate while preventing excessive motion.
400 Watts RMS
The KFC W3016PS’s RMS rating is lower than those of the subwoofers. It is still a good choice for average listeners, provided that the amplifier’s power output does not exceed 400 watts RMS.
The Kenwood KFC W3016PS subwoofer has a sensitivity rating of 82 dB, which is quite low. This sub is not recommended if you have a high power-rating amplifier.
The KFC W3016PS can reproduce all frequencies from 27 Hz to 300Hz. It can also go slightly beyond the upper-bass area. The low-end is clear and without distortion.
The Kenwood KFC W3016PS sub has an impedance rating of 4 ohms. This means it won’t put too much load on the amplifier.
- High-quality build
- A subwoofer with a wider frequency response will have a greater frequency response than a typical one.
- Standard impedance
- Some people might not find it enough to be strong enough.
- The Sensitivity of the human body is very low.
Polk Audio PSW505
Home Audio Subwoofer
A subwoofer with high-quality sound quality is essential if you want to enjoy the movie or show you love at home.
The Polk Audio PSW505 12-inch Powered Subwoofer is our pick.
This is due to many factors, but let’s start with the high power performance of the product while minimizing distortion.
The sub can be used in conjunction with your speaker or home audio system for accurate sound reproduction. This subwoofer has a good low-frequency response rate and is easy to integrate into your existing sound system. It will reduce the work required.
- This powered subwoofer offers some of the most advanced features, usually only found in high-end products.
- A 5-year warranty is a positive point.
- It can be easily integrated with existing speakers or your home theater system.
- Polk subwoofers offer a continuous variable 60-120Hz crossover and a remarkable frequency response between 25 and 125Hz.
- The price is slightly higher than the other options.
- The output of dynamic power is not too impressive.
Rockville Punisher 12D2
Loudest 12-Inch Subwoofer
It was all I thought I could handle. The sub produces such powerful bass that you will feel your eyes vibrate. You will also notice that your rearview mirror will become crooked, so it must be adjusted frequently.
It’s no wonder it’s called “The Punisher Series”; this sub is a serious beast! It’s rated at 1400 WMS, which is quite impressive for a sub 12 inches in size. This is an incredible amount of power. It is home to one of the strongest magnets I have ever seen.
Please apologize to your neighbors before you do this.
Excellent build quality. The magnet is made from high-quality materials that are durable and can withstand a lot. Remember that the magnet is so large that it should take a while to break in. It’s also very affordable. It won’t break the bank.
To truly understand my message, you must first be able to see the monster.
Here are the reasons it is a must-have:
- It hurts when it hits. It scared me the first time it was turned on.
- Incredible Bass: This bass is incredible. It can easily defeat three 12″ kickers.
- It’s a money-saver: Although it’s an elite subwoofer, it won’t set you back a fortune.
There are a few things you need to be aware of:
- They’ve overhyped its maximum power. It isn’t capable of reaching 5600 Watts. The 1400 Watts RMS is enough to make you shiver.
- Because they are so cheap, they have fallen for the spring post terminals. They must be protected from damage.
- People become addicted to it and don’t want it taken out. This beast has been installed in several vehicles, including a Chevy Malibu and a Ford F150.
- There wasn’t any stock at the time. Grab one now, before someone else does.
- It’s the ultimate kicker sub-killer
- You will be able to see the rearview mirror in a crooked way with the hard-hitting bass.
- To truly understand it, you must experience it.
- Overhyped is the top wattage.
- Spring post terminals appear cheaply made.
Some vehicles may not have enough space for a subwoofer. You have two options: a smaller sub or a shallow-mount sub. Both are great options. The Kicker 44CWCS124 is a great choice if you have room for a 12-inch sub-mount.
The CompC voice coil produces distortion-free bass, and the ribbed polyurethane surround helps reduce vibrations. The yellow stitching provides a striking visual contrast in mono-colored cases.
The Kicker 44CWCS124 is rated at 300 watts RMS power and 1,200 Watts max power. However, it’s sufficient for most applications. The Kicker 44CWCS124 can go low, with a frequency range of 27 to 500 hertz. This Kicker is a great choice if you value bass sound quality more than loudness and can install a 12-inch sub-shallow mount, especially considering the price.
- Durable build quality and ribbed polyurethane surround sound
- Excellent sound quality
- Attractive design
- Shallow mounting depth
- It is not as powerful as the other sub-subs
Best 12-inch subwoofer under $100
The Audiopipe TXX-12 12 Inch 3000W subwoofer is a great choice if you don’t have the budget to invest in a premium subwoofer that will improve your listening experience.
The unit has a frequency range of 2o Hz to 900 Hz, which gives you maximum control over the bass produced by the subwoofer. This unit is one of the best budget options available, with a maximum power output of 750 watts RMS/3000 watts.
It may not have the same advanced features as the higher-end subwoofers. The wiring can be tedious, and it is a bit more difficult to set up. It is, however, the most affordable subwoofer available for those with a tight budget.
- This product is one of the most affordable, but it looks like a higher-end subwoofer.
- The Audiopipe subwoofer can handle higher power levels and produces very loud audio.
- This product is worth a look if you want to experience powerful bass.
- This product is well-built and will not cause you any problems like cheaper alternatives.
- You may need the assistance of an experienced person to help you with wiring.
- A separate enclosure will be needed for the subwoofer.
- The performance is not up to par regarding extremely deep lows.
Definitive Technology Descend DN12
Best High End
Definitive Technology’s 12″ subwoofer triples its bass radiating area. It has 3XR Architecture, which allows it to perform like a 15-inch ported subwoofer, probably even better.
3XR Architecture is an active subwoofer 12 inches in diameter and two passive bass radiators 12 inches in size. This combination allows you to reap the benefits of sealed and ported cabinets. It doesn’t have to be ported, so it eliminates distortion.
During my hands-on testing of the Descend series DN12 Subwoofer, I felt the bass pounding and thundering with even tone handling, dialogue, and highs that were not overpowered or crushed by its bottom end.
It features a 56-bit DSP to moderate cone movement. The Class H amplifier maintains an impressive keel in low-demand conditions, with 500W continuous RMS.
Rail voltage is increased for high amplitude transients. This lets you hear every note and ensures that the sub can sustain quality in high-action scenes.
The bass is slammed like a champion in the EQ Deep mode. I was afraid to increase the volume to protect my sub and mine.
A high-end subwoofer is a great addition to your home’s sound system. It is worth spending a lot upfront to reap the benefits.
Although it is not inexpensive, the Descend DN12 has been frequently compared to SVS options, and it is often said that it can give them a run.
- High-end quality Class H amplifier
- With 500W continuous RMS and a high transient peak power output of 1500W, this unit produces a powerful output.
- 3XR Architecture, Intelligent Phase Controller, and Remote Control With On-sub LED Display
- IR pass-through to remote control syncing with a master remote
- 12V Trigger input to activate and seamlessly blend multi-speaker systems simultaneously
- No wireless connectivity
- Low volume levels can produce weak bass.
Buyer’s Guide For Choosing The Perfect 12-Inch Subwoofer
These are some things to consider when looking for a 12 inch sub.
A subwoofer can only be useful if it has enough power. When deciding on the size of your subwoofer, it is important to consider power. The RMS power is the most important.
RMS Watts refers to the maximum power a woofer can sustain. Higher volumes will cause distortion, and lower frequencies will sound better. A more powerful woofer can produce less distortion. Maximum power should not exceed 150% of the RMS watts.
Space requirements (size)
It is important to think about how easy it will be to install a subwoofer before buying it. Some models are more difficult to install than others. Also, consider how much space your subwoofer will take up. A 10″ model is an option if you have limited space.
Ease of installation
When purchasing a subwoofer, it is important to consider how easily it can be installed. If the sub enclosure isn’t obstructing, it can make installation much easier.
Like power, subwoofers’ prices also play a role in the bass level. In terms of bass power, it is common to get what you pay. The budget subwoofer might be a good option for someone starting, but it won’t work if you are an expert or need more power.
Sensitivity isn’t only for Harry Styles or Hugh Jackman. This is also crucial when evaluating speakers. It is important to compare speakers with the same RMS power, but the one you are comparing sounds louder. The sensitivity rating is expressed in decibels (dB). It indicates the speaker’s ability to convert power into sound volume.
The frequency range is measured in hertz (Hz). It indicates the dynamic range of sound produced by a speaker. Subwoofers have a lower frequency (Hz), meaning the bass sound is deeper, richer, and more rumbly. Good subwoofers will produce sound between 30 and 250 Hz.
The subwoofer’s resistance is measured in ohms. Its impedance indicates how much current a subwoofer can draw from an amp. An amplifier will draw more current if the sub’s impedance is lower than the RMS. Low impedance can be dangerous if the sub has a low RMS. Additionally, amps will need to draw more current, which could cause overheating in some cases.
Also, high impedance ratings could be problematic. This can indicate that too much current is being drawn, which can cause the sound output to be weak. Most subwoofers have an impedance rating of 2 to 4 ohms. Some subwoofers will also have 8-ohm impedances.
People often use this trick when setting up subwoofers in their homes. They place the sub against the wall to make it sound louder than if it were placed in a normal setting. The volume will increase if the sub is placed in a corner. However, you will not get the best bass response if you place it in one of these positions.
If you want good bass, you should sit in the place you listen to the most often — your listening spot. Then move the subwoofer around. You could also place the subwoofer in one spot and then move it around to observe the bass quality. This will make the room sound more dynamic.
Watts of Subwoofer
Powered subwoofers have built-in amplifiers, so you don’t need to buy one to drive them. When looking for powerful subs, it is important to consider the wattage.
There is no one answer to the question of the best wattage or power. However, it is a general rule that amps with higher wattages produce more power and power for bass.
This does not mean you have to spend more money just to get more power. You should carefully examine the subwoofer’s continuous power rating or RMS rating. A “peak power” rating will be included with the product. However, this is a more abstract assessment that doesn’t play a significant role in overall performance.
Sealed vs. Ported Subwoofers
When it comes to subwoofers, there are two types available. They are sealed and ported. These are also known as sealed subwoofers or acoustic suspend. The air inside the box is inert. They are therefore more responsive and quicker, resulting in a tighter and more precise bass.
Ported subwoofers and bass reflex enclosures, on the other hand, have an air vent built into their subwoofer. This provides better bass reinforcement. Although there are no clear answers to which is better, the ported options give you a stronger bass, but they can be larger than sealed ones, which could be a disadvantage.
Attaching a subwoofer or speaker to your home theater system is as simple as dragging out a wire to plug into the system. You can wirelessly connect subwoofers with other sources and then control them via an app or remote.
Although wireless connectivity is now the norm, many subwoofers are still not on the bandwagon. You can upgrade some subwoofers by purchasing additional equipment that allows wireless connectivity. A wireless subwoofer or one upgraded to wireless users will be more expensive than a wired version.
Some relevant posts:
- How To Wire Car Speakers To Amp Diagram 2022? Top Full Answer
- Best Powered Subwoofer Car: Top Brand Reviews 2022
- Can You Lay A Subwoofer On Its Side? Top Full Guide 2022
- Best Wireless Subwoofers: Top Brand Reviews 2022
- How To Make Subwoofer Louder? Top Full Guide 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Subwoofer For Deep Bass?
Subwoofers that excel in sub-bass, or deep bass 12 inch subwoofer, have extremely stiff cones and a frequency range that drops to 20 Hz. These requirements are why I recommend subwoofers such as the JL Audio 12W0V3-4 and Skar Audio EWL-12 D2.
What Size Box Do I Need For A 12-Inch Subwoofer?
The speaker enclosure’s front panel should generally be 2 to 3 inches larger than the subwoofer. If you have a sub of 12 inches, ensure the front panel is at least 15 inches.
How Do I Get More Bass Out Of My Subwoofer?
You can achieve a better subwoofer bass response by doing a few simple things. You can adjust the gain knob on your amp to reduce distortion. You could turn up your low-pass filter to keep the bass frequencies from being cut off. You might also try activating the bass boost switch on your amplifier.
After testing and reviewing dozens of different 12 inch subwoofers, we’ve concluded that the best one for cars is the Kicker CompVR 12-Inch Subwoofer. It’s well-made, powerful, and can handle a lot of abuse, making it ideal for use in a car. Thanks for reading!
Last update on 2022-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API