It’s the 21st century. You’re either working, commuting, or just chilling at home, and you need to listen to music on your headphones. But what if you want to share those tunes with a friend? How do you do that without having them hear everything else in your life? The answer is simple: use a headphone splitter!
In this article, Hooke Audio will cover the Best Headphone Splitter cables and everything about headphone splitters, including how they work, what types of headphone splitters exist, and how to choose the best one for you.
What is a headphone splitter?
A headphone splitter, also called an audio jack or Y cable, allows two people to listen in on the same device and prevents background noise-meaning you can talk without having to take off your headphones.
A five-best multi-plug adapter is a headphone splitter that allows five people to listen in on the same device and prevents background noise-meaning you can talk without having to take off your headphones.
How does a Headphone Splitter work?
A headphone splitter splits your audio signal in two so that they can be sent to both headphones at once on either side of the plug-in point, which usually will have a microphone built-in to it. This is perfect for people who want to listen and talk on their phone at the same time without letting go of the headphone set, or if you have a single headset but need two headphones plugged in.
Benefits of a headphone splitter:
– The number one benefit of using a headphone divider is to share your music so you and your friend can enjoy the same tunes.
– You’ll also be able to use noisemakers, such as listening to podcasts with others or playing video games together.
– You won’t have to constantly take your headphones off and put them back on again.
– Another benefit is that it will save you from having to buy a new pair of expensive headphones because the one side has been damaged or ripped, which can happen more often than not when sharing earbuds with someone.
– It’s also convenient for when you need to use one headphone as a microphone for your computer or if you want to listen to music while on the phone.
– It can also be used when recording audio with two microphones, such as in an interview setting.
What to look for in a headphone splitter?
– The first thing you should look for in a headphone splitter is the number of headphones it can support. If you’re using one or two headphones, then any type will do. But if you need to split your audio signal between four pairs, ensure that the headphone splitter has enough ports!
– Another important consideration when buying a headphone splitter is the quality of sound. This may seem like an obvious topic to cover for something that will be attached directly to your music player. Still, some cheaper models out there will significantly lower the quality of playback and can even distort if you’re not careful.
– The next most important factor when looking for a headphone splitter is the ease of use. Some models require you to manually adjust the volume with small knobs, which can be frustrating for anyone who’s on their computer all day long and doesn’t want to take the time to stop what they’re doing every five minutes. In that case, it might be worth spending a little extra money on a multi-level headphone splitter.
-Type of headphone splitters:
- Single Headphone Splitter:
A single headphone splitter is perfect if you only want to listen to something with one other person. It has a single input for two headphone jacks and allows up to two people at once to listen to the same thing.
- Dual Headphone Splitter:
A dual headphone splitter is perfect if you want to share your tunes with someone else – it’s just like a single headphone splitter, but an extra input allows for two pairs of headphones to be plugged in at once.
- Multi Headphone Splitter:
A multi-headphone splitter is perfect if you’re working on a team and want everyone’s voices to come through clearly – it has an extra input for four sets of headphones so that up to four people can listen together without any problems.
Top Rated Best Headphone Splitters Brands
Syncwire Headphone Splitter
This cable is compatible not only with the tablet and standard laptop but also with many other devices. This headphone splitter can work with any iPad, MP3 player, or Playstation.
This cable isn’t groundbreaking, but the gold-plated connectors are a surprise to us again. It transmits data without losing signal or background noise. This headphone splitter produces a clear sound from both outputs.
To ensure interference-free performance, the cable has double shielding. This, along with the precision of connectors, provides a secure connection between the cable & your device.
- High compatibility with many devices, including tablets, phones, TVs, iPads, and TVs.
- Connectors 24K Gold-Plated provide high-quality data transmission at an efficient rate.
- Protection against interference by double shielding
- Its nylon construction makes it a powerful headphone splitter.
AmazonBasics 5-Way Connector
This splitter or device is very basic and will do the job. It is a simple device that can be used to split audio. However, its price is not high-end, and it is well-loved by anyone who wants options. Split audio between one device and five female 3.5mm ports.
AmzaonBasic 5-way splitter is available in 8 colors: black, blue, lime, neon green, and pink. Split ports connect to a male input cable that connects to the phone or computer. However, the wire is only available in black or white.
- Very affordable 5 Pack pricing
- You can connect up to five devices at once.
- The same button can control all headphones.
- Includes 5 additional auxiliary cables
- 1-year warranty
DuKabel Splitter Cable
Although it may seem that this splitter will not meet our expectations, don’t let that stop you from considering it. We have many reasons to include it here. We’ll tell all.
The cable is a functional divider that allows you to connect your phone or mic to your computer. This cable provides a secure connection that is ideal for entertainment and professional purposes. It can be used to split a 3.5mm connector into two. One will be used for microphone jacks, the other for audio jacks.
Depending on the equipment you use, you can connect to the PC at either the front or the back. You can then change the settings via the PC once you have connected. This makes it easy for anyone, even less experienced.
This cable has another advantage: it is sleek and durable and doesn’t have any branding, which can sometimes be annoying. It is also flexible but not weak.
- One female connector measuring 3.5mm and one male connector measuring 3.5mm.
- Conductors with gold plating
- Produces sound with no interference
- The braided exterior protects the cable.
- Its sleek design blends well with other equipment.
ENVEL Headset Splitter Cable
The headphone splitter, a 3.5mm stereo cable, can be used as an adapter to connect your headset to the computer port. It also has a microphone connector. It will be discussed next.
It is straightforward to use. The cable has two male connectors that you can plug into your computer. The green connector is for audio, and the pink one is for the microphone. Most PCs have the colors already displayed on the motherboard structure so that it won’t take much effort.
The splitter is lightweight and compact, so it takes up little space. It can be carried with you to school or work in your backpack, or even in your briefcase.
This product doesn’t offer the same protection as the others on the list. The headphone splitter is still made from copper, which provides a high-quality sound. Although it may not be as safe as other models, the braided wire works just as well.
- Two male connectors are required for the microphone and audio.
- The colors indicate where each connector is located and make it easy to use
- Accessible to transport, compact cable
- Copper construction of high quality
See our comparison between Headphone Vs Headset, Click here.
UGREEN 3.5mm Female to 2 Dual 3.5mm Male
This is the King’s top version. What if your output was limited to one port? Or that you have separate audio and microphone ports on your laptop? UGREEN offers this option with its 3.5mm Female-to-2 Dual 3.5mm Male adapter.
We are grateful that UGREEN, like Kingtop, has brass metal headings at its three ports. UGREEN’s cables are not flat, however. These cables are equally tough, but they have a Y split.
- Connector in 24k Gold Plated
- Oxygen-free copper wire
- CTIA standard design.
- Attractive and clearly labeled design adapter.
Kingtop 3.5mm Combo Adapter
Splitters can be a cheap and meaningless accessory. Kingtop has the 3.55mm Combo Audio Adapter cable to prove it wrong. This splitter is 3.5mm male-to-female and has a premium mic. The adapter allows you to use high-quality headphones and a comparable best-quality microphone.
Just by looking at the splitter, you will be a fan. The heads are made from brass metals and shine elegantly. There are no Y splits as longer cables can be challenging to manage and are often redundant. The entire splitter measures only 20 cm. It is made of flat, non-tangling, durable wires.
- CTIA standard design.
- Attractive and clearly labeled design adapter.
- Sturdy, not wounding, not knotted wiring
- Wires are stress-relieving and pass stringent reliability tests.
- Connectors made of gold-plated steel
- 1-year warranty with 24-hour service
MillSO Headphone Splitter
This cable is compact and easy to carry on trips due to its 20 cm length. The cable is both flexible and strong. Although it may sound strange, once you get started with this splitter, you will see why.
This splitter has many benefits. This cable is highly compatible, making it an excellent choice for various devices like laptops and PCs. It works well with handheld gadgets like tablets or phones and also with consoles.
To ensure a high level of performance, the splitter uses a braided cable. The protected cord provides extra security and is not available in standard PVC cables. Normal circumstances don’t warrant concern for issues like tearing and scratches.
The cable’s exterior layer is not the only quality. The connectors made of 24K gold-plated are highly resistant to corrosion and breakage.
- Compatible with devices that have an AUX port such as phones, PCs, consoles, and more
- Connectors with 24K gold plating for the best sound quality
- As a safety measure, braided cable.
Oldboytech 3.5mm Male to 2 Female Splitter
The Oldboytech has a 3.55mm Male-to-Female audio splitter, just like the Kingtop. This one can only split audio and does not support microphones.
The Oldboytech is distinctive design-wise. It has a Y split in the middle. The aluminum heads are not made from brass but aluminum. The cables are not flat, but they are braided. It comes in a grey color, which looks great.
- Connectors in 24K Gold Plated
- 15000+ bend lifespan.
- Double braided, durable, and tangle-free.
- Lifetime warranty
NANYI 3.5mm Female to 2 Male Splitter
This one, like the Oldboytech, is a Y Split cable. This one, like the UGREEN, is a 3.55mm male to female 3.55mm splitter.
NANYI has the most extended cable, measuring 30cm. The cables are round with a braided TPE outer. The female side has stress relief. Both the heading and Y-split are made from metals and silver.
- Very affordable pricing
- Lossless Sound Output
- Connectors made of gold-plated steel
- Material made of Oxygen-Free Copper
Belkin Speaker and Headphone Cable Splitter
The headphone splitter is not as attractive as the competitors, so don’t expect it to be any more expensive. It is, however, reliable and straightforward.
This splitter allows you to connect two male plugs to your headphone. You can join one jack to any combination of your headsets or speakers.
A headphone splitter allows you to get the most out of your simple audio player device. This cable can be used to connect several speakers to your iPod, increasing the quality and range of your favorite songs.
The splitter serves many other purposes. You can plug the cable into multiple devices with 3.5mm ports and enjoy a fantastic experience listening to music and playing games.
- Simple headphone splitter with no fancy features
- A simple way to connect devices such as iPods to a pair of speakers
- One male plug to two women plugs, each measuring 1/8 inch.
- Reduce the length of your cords and get rid of any unnecessary cables that might be a problem.
SYIHLON USB Type- C Splitter
It is impossible to have a Type-C to Type-C splitter in the list. More headphones have Type-C jacks. The SYIHLON allows you to charge your device and listen to music using your type-C headphones.
From a simple Type-C male port to a 2 Type-C feminine port. All headings are equipped with strain reliefs. Splitter cables are available in black.
- The audio output has a Hi-Res DAC chip.
- Supports 24 bit 96 kHz audio split output.
- Aluminum Alloy Casing for the heads.
- Supports 18W Fast Charging
- Warranty of 18 months
Chek out our Best Headphone Extension Cable, Click here.
FAQs About Headphone Splitter
How Do I Use a Headphone Splitter?
Plug both sides of your headphones into inputs on either end of the headphone splitter, and then plug the headphone splitters into a free audio jack on your device. It’s that simple!
Is it possible to have more than one input on a headphone splitter?
No, headphones can only be plugged into one input at a time. However, some models allow you to plug more than one output into an audio source for simultaneous playback of different songs or videos on the same device.
Where should I put my headphone splitters when not in use?
For most, headphone splitters are fairly small and can be stowed away when not in use. However, if you’re dealing with a multi-level headphone splitter with more than one input or output, it may take up some space on your desk, so make sure to put them somewhere where they won’t get in the way of other items.
Can headphone splitters be used on televisions?
Yes, some models can work with a TV set as well! These types usually come equipped with both an audio input and output port, which can serve double duty for your headphones or speakers while you’re watching something in private.
What to avoid when using a headphone splitter?
Headphone splits should never be used with amplifiers or powered speakers because they could cause an overload, which can damage either your equipment or even hurt you! If you’re unsure whether your device is safe for use with headphones, consult your manual or the manufacturer’s website for details.
Headphones should also never be plugged into anything that is not an audio device, such as a power outlet because doing so could damage them and create a shock hazard!
So, is it time for the verdict? If you look at all of the above products, they perform exceptionally well with excellent build and superior quality. However, the ones with more than 2 headphone splitters seem to work best. But don’t let that deter you from also considering other models as some are just as good but may not offer additional features such as audio input or output jacks. Take a look at all of them and make your purchase then be sure to enjoy your new headphones!
Last update on 2021-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API