JBL has been the leader in high-quality car sound systems for over 75 years. They pride themselves on delivering superior performance and building an acoustic legacy that was started by James Bullough Lansing. The JBL Subwoofer is a perfect example of JBL’s devotion to high-quality sound as it delivers outstanding performance and offers a superb bang for your buck.
In the JBL Subwoofer Review, Hooke Audio will walk you through the top Best JBL Subwoofers in today’s market.
Top Rated 7 Best JBL Subwoofers Review
The subwoofer is not going to make other cars near you shake but it’s plenty enough if you want to feel that thump and have it all contained in your car. I listen to heavy rap and hip hop which suits this subwoofer a lot.
1. JBL EON618S Portable Self-Powered Subwoofer
This home-use professional-grade subwoofer is self-powered and produces a balanced but huge sound.
- The 18-inch speaker is large enough to fit in practically any living room or studio. It has a broad frequency range ranging from 42.5 to 150 hertz. It’s incredibly simple to set up and has a maximum output of 134 dB.
- It weighs 78 pounds and maybe too large for smaller houses or flats.
2. JBL BassPro SL 8-inch 125W
If you want powerful sounds great and small under-seat subwoofer enclosure system, the JBL BassPro SL 8-inch 125W RMS-powered subwoofer should be on your shortlist! Because it has a gentle start turn-on and speaker-level inputs with Audio Sense Auto-on, this sub is ideal for compact venues and venues with restricted space.
The wired bass remote controller is also useful for adjusting the playback parameters of the subwoofer. Overall, the JBL BassPro SL 8-inch 125W RMS-powered subwoofer is an excellent choice for small car venues and venues with limited space, and it represents excellent value for money.
- Turning on the soft-start
- High-level (speaker-level) inputs
- A wired bass remote control is available as an option.
- This subwoofer may not be suitable for usage in small venues or locations with restricted space.
- For bigger settings, the wired bass remote controller may not be sufficient.
3. JBL Stage 120 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer
This is a single 12-inch subwoofer that does not need any extra power output and transforms your living room into a home theater.
- This is a little subwoofer that will fit in any room. It has a range of 35-120 hertz and peak power of 500 watts. The wood has a two-tone design and produces sound comparable to JBL subwoofers costing twice as much.
- The RCA cords needed to connect this subwoofer are not included.
4. JBL GT-12BP – 12” car audio Bandpass Subwoofer Box, Black
The JBL GT-12BP is a 12″ car audio bandpass subwoofer box with a vented enclosure and power handling of 150W RMS or 450W Peak.
The subwoofer enclosure is built with slot vents, allowing it to provide ultra-low bass response at greater sound pressure levels than a sealed enclosure. The GT-12BP’s Polypropylene Woofer Cone is Injected-molded, allowing it to offer quality sound at a fraction of the cost of competing for box-style subwoofers. One GT-12BPSubwoofer/enclosure is included in the package.
- Deep, powerful bass with increased efficiency and output with a bandpass, vented enclosure, and power management of 150W RMS or 450W Peak
- The subwoofer’s slot vent emits ultra-low bass at great sound pressure levels than a sealed enclosure.
- Woofer cone made of injection-molded polypropylene
- One GT-12BP subwoofer/enclosure and an owner’s handbook are included.
- Not as strong as some other subwoofers in the box type.
- Not as effective as other bandpass subwoofers.
- Not as long-lasting as some other box-style subwoofers.
5. JBL PRX818XLFW Portable Subwoofer System with Wi-Fi
This is a feature-packed, self-powered subwoofer with an 18-inch speaker and Bluetooth technology.
- Ideal for live shows or home theaters. This catches very frequencies and has a peak at 134 dB. It contains 1500 watts of electricity and can be controlled over Wi-Fi.
- These are high-end subwoofers that cost more than $1,000.
6. JBL FLIP 5, Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Black (New Model)
The JBL FLIP 5 is an excellent speaker for any music enthusiast. The sound quality is incredible, and it is small enough to be taken about with you. The battery life is also excellent, so you may use it for an extended period without recharging.
- Excellent audio quality
- Very transportable
- Can be readily transported
- The battery life is excellent.
- Some individuals may object to the design.
- Some individuals may be dissatisfied with the battery life.
7. JL Audio 10W6v3-D4 Subwoofer
Jl Audio‘s W6 series is the best-selling Subwoofer in the line. JL D4 will satisfy your needs if you’re looking for high-quality subs with a robust and thumping tone. This Subwoofer is made from the same high-quality materials as the W7AE.
To provide linear compliance across the entire excursion range, the suspension design of the Subwoofer includes a large diameter progressive roll spider and rubber surround to increase durability. The cones are injection-molded with polypropylene to give the Subwoofer a stylish and classy look. They are enclosed in a satin silver alloy with a silver accent.
This shallow mount subwoofer is designed with a mounting depth is 6.89″ (124mm) and mounting hole diameter is 9.02″ (230mm).
Although the W6v3 can run on 200 watts, an amplifier with 400-600 watts is recommended for the best car audio performance. The JL audio subwoofer W6v3 can be used in either sealed or ported enclosures needing only 0.55 cubic feet of air space in a sealed box and 0.75 cubic feet in a ported/vented enclosure. Refer to the user manual that came with your subwoofers for more information and figures.
In Miramar, Florida, the W6v3 Subwoofers are manufactured with precision and care. They are proud of their overall build quality workmanship and extreme accuracy. Car Audio products are distinguished by their superior performance because of this attention to minor details.
- Subwoofer 10 inches in diameter with two 4-ohm voice coils
- Patented Cooling Technology
- Rubber surrounds mineral-filled polypropylene cone.
- High-quality, accurate sound
- DMA optimization
- Very Long Linear Excursion Capability: 0.74 In / 18.8 mm, One-Way
- Floating Cone Attach Method
- Quite expensive
What to Know Before You Buy a JBL Subwoofer
Powered vs passive subwoofers
Powered subwoofers feature an internal power supply, which means they have a built-in amplifier. This saves tight spaces in your living room or studio and is ideal for those who want a simpler arrangement. Another significant benefit is that they do not need as strong a receiver to operate.
To create power, passive subwoofers need an external amplifier. Because the amp is often situated between the subwoofer and the receiver, you will want an additional room in your house. On the other hand, passive subwoofers are less expensive to produce and often cost less money.
Wireless and smart device friendly
Even though most subwoofers still have conventional buttons and remote controls, certain current subwoofers can be utilized remotely, such as the JBL PRX818XLFW Portable Subwoofer System with Wi-Fi. They connect through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, and some are compatible with applications that let you alter settings like volume knob, crossover, and EQ.
One vs two subwoofers
One subwoofer should be plenty for a modest house setup therefore purchasing something well-made with excellent sound quality is always preferable to purchasing two inexpensive subwoofers.
Using two subwoofers might result in a more uniform sound with fewer peaks and nulls (extra bass notes that are exaggerated or canceled out). Because two subwoofers are tailored to disperse sound more equally, everyone sitting in various room sections will enjoy the same car audio equipment experience.
What to Look For In A Quality JBL Subwoofer
Size and material
In general, larger subwoofers may produce more sound. Some individuals may need to choose the size of their subwoofer depending on the amount of available room in their house, but a bigger speaker isn’t the sole key to achieving amazing sound.
Material and construction quality are other important considerations. Tones vary depending on the kind of wood used. Plywood, for example, is widely used to construct subwoofers. It’s lightweight, and when laminated, it sounds fantastic exactly as nice as MDF wood, another common subwoofer material.
Big companies like JBL only use high-quality wood, so choose a subwoofer from a reputable manufacturer. When feasible, choose a bigger speaker, but keep in mind that you may easily add another subwoofer later.
Your preferred frequency range for a subwoofer will be determined by the frequency range of your other JBL speakers. Because people cannot hear frequencies below 12-20 decibels (dB), subwoofers do not need to communicate these ultra-low frequencies.
Subwoofers tend to peak out at 120-200 dB on the upper end of the range (without modification). If you already have a speaker that can handle frequencies beyond 150 dB, it may be best to acquire a subwoofer with a limited frequency range. The lower frequencies that the subwoofer is genuinely meant to produce suffer when the frequency response of the subwoofer increases.
Power rating and efficiency
The peak and sustained watts will be used to determine the power rating. The peak power level is the greatest power level that the subwoofer can emit in short bursts. At the same time, continuous wattage is the wattage that the subwoofer can operate comfortably for extended periods.
People with basic radios and smaller setups only need 50-300 watts. People with 50-watt speakers will wish to upgrade to a subwoofer rated at 300-500 watts. Finally, users with huge systems that generate 100 watts should consider larger subwoofers rated between 500 and 1,000 watts.
Is JBL A Good Subwoofer Brand?
These subwoofers offer superior sound quality and sound quality that is unmatched by any other JBL speaker system. For those who want to install their own subwoofers, JBL Performance Car Subwoofers are a great choice.
How Do I Choose A Good Subwoofer?
You should not just consider the size of your subwoofer. Consider the power, sensitivity, and enclosure type. The largest subwoofer is best if you want the car audio system to play loud and low music. Don’t underestimate the power of a small subwoofer.
Read more about our full post: How To Choose A Subwoofer? Top Full Guide 2023
Is It Difficult To Install A Subwoofer?
It can be difficult to install a subwoofer into your car. This will depend on what vehicle you have and how much work it takes to hide the wire. You should prepare for additional work if you are adding a subwoofer into a factory system. Click here to read the full guidepost.
Which Sound Better, 10s or 12s?
Subwoofer size is often a determinant of loudness when designing or upgrading an automobile audio system. Two 12s will be louder than two 10s. You’ll get more consistency with your subs if your music doesn’t require a deep bass or faster attack.
Check out our full post: 10 Vs 12 Subwoofer: Which Is Better?
Are Subwoofers Illegal?
Sound systems are generally perfectly legal as long as they aren’t impacting the quiet enjoyment of other individuals’ homes. Otherwise, you could potentially run into some trouble.
With a JBL subwoofer, not only will you be able to listen to your favorite songs at maximum bass, but your ears will be fully protected from any unwanted or unexpected noise coming from outside. The biggest reason to invest in a subwoofer is for the performance. Hope that you can get the most remarkable jbl products for your car audio Subwoofer
Last update on 2023-05-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API