QSC has been a leading manufacturer of professional audio equipment for over five decades, providing high-quality and reliable solutions for a wide range of applications, including live sound, corporate events, cinemas, and more. Their products are known for their outstanding sound quality, durability, and innovative features.
In this article, hookeaudio will explore some of the best QSC products on the market today, including their top-rated speakers, subwoofers
|1||QSC K12.2 Active 12" Powered...||$999.99||View on Amazon|
|2||QSC K10.2 Active 10" Powered...||$929.99||View on Amazon|
|3||QSC CP12 12-Inch Compact...||$599.99||View on Amazon|
|4||QSC K8.2 Active 8" Powered...||$849.99||View on Amazon|
|5||QSC KS112 Active 12" Subwoofer||$1,199.99||View on Amazon|
|6||QSC KS118 Active 18" Subwoofer||$1,999.99||View on Amazon|
|7||QSC KW122 2-Way Powered...||$1,349.99||View on Amazon|
|8||QSC GX5 500-Watt Power...||$599.99||View on Amazon|
|9||QSC KW152 Soft Padded Cover||View on Amazon|
|10||QSC TouchMix-30 Pro...||$2,489.00||View on Amazon|
Best QSC: Subwoofer, Speaker
QSC KS118 Subwoofer – Best Budget PA Subwoofer
- Configuration: 3600 Watt, 18-inch powered subwoofer
- LF Transducer: 18-inch (460 mm) driver with 4-inch (100mm) voice coil
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 41 Hz – 98 Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 35 Hz – 111 Hz
- Maximum SPL: 136 dB peak
- Amplifier Class: Class D
- Cooling: On-demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Input Connectors: 2 x XLR/TRS combo (balanced), 2 x XLR line (balanced), 1 x XLR-M (line)
- Output Connectors: 2 x XLR (full-range parallel), 2 x XLR (high-pass)
- Controls: Power, Gain, Rotary encoder, Push button, LED indicators, Presets (Normal, Deep), Polarity (Normal, Reverse), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal, Limit, Polarity, Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Enclosure Material: 15 mm painted birch plywood
- Attachment Points: 8 x M10 threaded inserts, 4 x low-profile casters
- Power Consumption: 100 VAC, 2.5 A / 120 VAC, 2.1 A / 230 VAC, 1.1 A
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 29.1″ x 23.4″ x 34.1″ (739 mm x 594 mm x 867 mm)
- Weight: 121 lb (54.9 kg)
Although speaker history does not reveal any excursions into more significant bass drivers than 20 inches in diameter (pardon the pun), the QSC KS118 review is the “big dog” and has been sound reinforcement for decades.
The KS118 transforms into a club/concert outfit, adding excitement to higher volumes.
The 18-inch driver is wrapped in enclosures of all sizes and shapes. It has proved to be the perfect combination of cost, size, and extended low-frequency response. A staple of mobile and compact sound systems is the single 18-inch subwoofer, such as QSC’s active KS118.
The KS118 features a single, direct-radiating 18-inch woofer. It uses electronic filtering to eliminate unwanted high and mid frequencies. This contrasts with the smaller KS112 or KS212 subwoofers that use a serpentine bandpass enclosure for acoustically rolling off high frequencies. It produces a lot of acoustic energy over a narrow frequency range. The frequency range for the KS118 is approximately 35 Hz to 110 Hz (-10 dB).
Although the subwoofer’s dimensions and shape are similar to the KW118 predecessor, the orientation of the new cabinet is 90 degrees. The KW118 produced 2,000 watts of peak power; the KS118 produced 3,600 watts. The KS118 has a peak SPL rating of 136 dB. This is a lot of basses. I doubt that many Sunday morning services will require more than one or two boxes to generate this output level.
Large rubber feet allow the KS118 to be positioned flat or upright. The casters, control panel, and inputs are located on the backside of the KS118 in both these orientations. For secure stacking multiple cabinets, the cabinet has indentions opposite its feet.
Despite its large size and sturdy cabinet, the KS118 feels light and easy to maneuver. When trying to adjust the speaker’s position, I found myself lifting it with one hand more than once. High-quality casters make it easy to move the speaker.
QSC was smart to provide thermal and excursion protection for the KS118 driver, which can pump more than 3,000 watts into one driver. QSC is confident that the KS118 can withstand the current and offers a 6-year warranty. Subwoofer reliability is directly dependent on the quality and performance of the driver. QSC took no shortcuts in this area and loaded the KS118 equipped with an Italian-made B&C drive. Bravo, QSC.
A subwoofer’s job can be compared to that of a full-range speaker. The subwoofer must reproduce an octave of music competently and provide a base on which all the other music rests. The KS118 is an excellent choice for this job description.
The KS118 offers the warmth and fullness you would expect from a well-behaved subwoofer for churches at lower volumes.
The KS118 transforms into its club/concert outfit and delivers the thrill at higher volumes. You are submerged in the powerful, all-encompassing bass that you feel visceral. It’s great fun.
- Powerful and clear sound
- Reliable performance
- Flexible connectivity
- Durable construction
- User-friendly controls
- Large size and weight
- Higher price point
- Limited frequency range
QSC K12.2 Speakers – High Quality And Powerful
- Configuration: 2-way full range powered loudspeaker
- LF Transducer: 12″ cone
- HF Transducer: 1.4″ titanium diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 45 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 50 Hz – 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 75° Axisymetric
- Maximum Rated SPL: 132 dB
- Amplifier Class: D
- Peak Output Power: 2000 W
- Input Connectors: 2 XLR/TRS combo (Mic/Line), 1 x 3.5mm TRS (Stereo Input)
- Output Connectors: 1 x XLR (Line), 1 x XLR (Mix Output)
- Controls: Power, Gain A, Gain B, Mic/Line, LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic
- Enclosure Material: Impact-resistant ABS
- Attachment Points: M10 threaded insert, 35mm pole socket with Tilt-Direct
- Power Consumption: 100 VAC, 2.3A / 120VAC, 2.0A / 240VAC, 1.3A
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 23.7″ x 14″ x 13.8″ (603 mm x 356 mm x 350 mm)
- Weight: 39.0 lb (17.7 kg)
The QSC K12.2 seems clean and professional. Loudspeakers are not about aesthetics, although having an appealing speaker is excellent.
Because of its angular form, the K12.2 may be used as the primary output and a floor monitor. This provides you with many options for adding them to your sound arrangement.
There are also other mounting solutions available. They may be pole-mounted in both forward and 7.5-degree down-tilt positions. This is particularly useful if you must set up on a stage overlooking the dance floor.
Sound quality is the most important factor to consider when purchasing powered speakers. The QSC K 12.2 is a beast in this category.
The mids and highs are distinct, encompassing a 75-degree axisymmetric field. This results in an equal sound dispersion that may fill small and medium-sized venues. Adding a complementary speaker or a subwoofer may extend this to larger spaces.
Speaking of subwoofers, it can be used without one in smaller spaces, making it one of the finest 12-inch powered speakers on the market. The low-end thud is substantial. Even more so when the mode is set to “Dance.” As a result, they are a perfect loudspeaker for the professional mobile DJ.
QSC is designed with the working professional in mind. The speaker is sturdy and secure. An impact-resistant ABS core protects the speaker. For further security, a front grille with a textile lining is included. High-quality aluminum handles are also a nice touch.
It is essential to handle all speakers with caution. Some individuals have reported dropping them during setup, and the speaker is still working. I wouldn’t advocate testing this, but it does demonstrate the sturdy construction philosophy underlying these speakers.
QSC has created a speaker that is both sturdy and long-lasting while being lightweight. The provision of a 6-year guarantee upon registration adds to the assurance that they will endure.
- Excellent Audio Quality
- Transportable and lightweight
- Tuning Options That Are Simple To Use
- Possibilities for Versatile Application
- 6-Year Limited Warranty
- Not Very Budget-Friendly
- Deep Bass Function Removed
- TOP 7 Best JBL Subwoofers: Top Rated Products 2023
- Can You Lay A Subwoofer On Its Side 2023? Top Full Guide
From powerful speakers and subwoofers to versatile amplifiers and mixers, QSC has something to offer for everyone, whether you’re a professional sound engineer or a music enthusiast. Their products are known for their exceptional sound quality, durability, and innovative features, making them a top choice for professionals and amateurs alike. By choosing QSC, you can be sure that you’re investing in the best audio equipment available, and we hope that this article has provided you with some insight into the best QSC products on the market today.
Last update on 2023-05-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API