Follow These Steps To Keep Earbuds From Falling Out of Ears (Including Hooke Verse)
Advancements in Bluetooth technology have made devices like earbuds more convenient than ever. What is not convenient however is the frustrating struggle of trying to keep them in your ears. Most earbuds come with different sized ear tips, but how do you choose the right set based upon your own ears? Here are a few tricks for ensuring a proper seal, which will keep your earbuds from falling out.
1. Expand your earlobe so the earbud can be properly set.
Earbuds are meant to fit snugly into your ear canal. You should actually hear and feel the earbud make a s If your earbuds don’t seem to sit comfortably in your ears, you may simply need to insert them more carefully.
- When inserting your right earbud, take your left hand, reach over your head and pull up on your right earlobe from the top of the ear. This will expand your ear canal and allow the ear tip to properly set and thusly expand to make a seal within the ear.
- If you don’t feel the seal occur, try squishing the ear tip before inserting while pulling on your earlobe.
2. Make sure to use the eartips that are provided with your earbuds.
It’s important not to disregard those extra foam or silicone tips that come packaged with your earbuds.
3. Don’t clean your ears with cotton swabs
4. Purchase earbuds designed for smaller ears if necessary.
If you’ve tried the steps above and your earbuds continue to fall out, you may actually just have a small ear canal or lack the cartilage required to keep an ear tip sealed. Women tend to have smaller than average ears which can make fitting an eartip with universal ear tips generally difficult. If you search for it, you can find earbuds which are specifically designed for women. Also, some people lack the inner cartilage which is the part of earlobe that surrounds the earbud. This can be called “Ear Cartilage Deficiency Syndrome. An earbud with hooks like the Hooke Verse can help this.