People often use soundbars to improve the sound of their TVs. In recent years, soundbars have become more popular again, and names like Bose and Sonos have led the way.
We all have our favorite go-to speaker or sound, but with so many options, it can be hard to choose which one is best for you. We will be comparing the Bose Soundbar 700 vs Sonos Arc to help you decide which one is right for you.
- Quick Compare
- Sonos Arc Reviews: Is It Really That Good?
- Incredibly Clear Audio: Hear every subtle sound
- Exceptional Surround Sound: Immerse into what you hear
- Elegant Minimalistic Design: A smart built
- Expand Your Sound: Take listening to another level
- Voice Control: Speak up to get it done
- Night Sound: Use without a worry at night
- Sonos Application: Customize to your needs
- These Features are its X-Factor:
- What The Customers Complain About:
- Product Specifications:
- Sonos Arc Pros and Cons:
- Bose 700 Soundbar Reviews: Can It Justify Its Price?
- Extraordinary Sound: Feel every beat
- Premium look: Compact and smooth design
- Voice Assistants: Hands-free command
- Universal Remote: One for all
- Bose SimpleSync: Listen without disturbing others
- Bose Music App: Music at your fingertip
- Add More Devices: Take it to another level
- These Are The X-Factors of Bose 700
- What The Customers Complain About
- Product Specifications:
- Bose Soundbar 700 Pros and Cons
- Time For A Head-On Comparison Between Bose and Sonos Soundbars!
- Overall Winner: Sonos Arc
Sonos Arc: The Smart Soundbar
- This product is a great deal because it lets you listen to high-quality sound without separate speakers or subwoofers.
- Love to play games? To experience action games or your favorite shows in 3D Dolby digital Sound, you will have a unique and authentic 3D Dolby sound.
- The beautiful design blends seamlessly into the background, and it can be mounted to the wall easily without drawing attention!
- There is no Bluetooth option.
Bose 700: The Premium Soundbar
- Enjoy a variety of features, from Remote to Direct SimpleSync streaming directly to your headphones.
- This soundbar comes with Alexa support, which is not enough. You will enjoy hands-free calling Amazon Echo and Bose Smart Products.
- You get a Bluetooth Connection, which is unlike the Sonos Arc. This allows you to stream music and also has Apple AirPlay 2 or Spotify Connect.
- Bose 700 is a compact product that blends well with your home interior.
- It doesn’t support Atmos or other new audio formats.
This is a quick comparison between the two most beautiful soundbars on the market. Continue reading to see the complete picture and make the perfect purchase.
Bose and Sonos are the top soundbar manufacturers and compete against each other in design, price, and key.
It is not easy to find the best premium.
There is, however, one clear winner in our Bose 700 vs. Sonos arch comparison. We will reveal it bit by bit as we uncover the key features each brand has to offer.
Sonos Arc Reviews: Is It Really That Good?
Sonos is a brand that has tried to create products that deliver what they promise. Its Arc soundbar was an incredible product that I reviewed. They also have an excellent five-star rating across different e-commerce platforms.
Great Sound Quality!
- The Sonos Arc offers incredible quality that will make you enjoy what you listen to.
- It is cleverly designed to deliver on its promises.
- It has enough drivers to ensure that surround sound works well. The soundbar’s unique sound modes add to its value.
- You don’t need extra subwoofers to get the most out of it.
- It is compact and fits in with the environment.
- It also features Dolby Atmos and can be controlled by a voice assistant.
- Most music services are supported.
We now have a better idea of the Sonos Soundbar’s capabilities. Let’s take a closer look at its features to see if it is right for you.
Incredibly Clear Audio: Hear every subtle sound
Trueplay tuning technology optimizes sound performance to increase clarity. You can hear even the slightest sounds enough not to miss a word.
Sonos Arc Soundbar was created with the assistance of Oscar-winning sound engineers. It focuses on dialogue clarity and ambient sounds.
Three silk-dome tweeters are among the 11 drivers. They have been angled to produce crisp, clear highs as well as dialogues.
Exceptional Surround Sound: Immerse into what you hear
The Arc boasts 11 premium drivers that deliver fantastic bass and crisp quality of sounds. You can enjoy 3D sound through Dolby Atmos.
Upward-facing drivers create a multidimensional soundstage. This allows you to hear more sounds and identify the source of each sound.
This is great for watching movies and listening to music. It will allow you to feel connected with the virtual world.
Eight elliptical subwoofers provide richer bass and rich vocals.
It is annoying to miss a line in a movie or other media. Arc has you covered. To clarify dialogs, simply turn on Speech Enhancement within the Sonos App.
Elegant Minimalistic Design: A smart built
It is designed so that it blends in with the surrounding environment and looks elegant. It won’t distract you from the screen so that you can concentrate on the screen.
It’s really cool to have 11 drivers, 8 ellipticals, and 3 silk-dome woofers all placed in a smart way to make an amazing surround soundstage!
It can be mounted to a wall, or it can be left on a flat surface. The wall mount doesn’t cause sound degradation. To ensure that drivers are not affected, the wall mount is placed to minimize noise.
Expand Your Sound: Take listening to another level
Arc can wirelessly link a subwoofer to a pair of matching rear surrounds. This allows you to hear more immersive sound and enjoy a more incredible experience.
An additional speaker can enhance surround sound and bass. This adds a nice touch of class to the already impressive soundbar.
Voice Control: Speak up to get it done
Arc includes the Google and Alexa voice assistants. This makes setting alarms, playing music, and more straightforward. It can be used as you like, hands-free.
This great microphone that utilizes advanced technology such as echo cancellation to allow your voice assistants to respond quickly to your commands.
Night Sound: Use without a worry at night
You can enable Night Sound via the soundbar. This reduces the volume of loud sound effects.
This feature is excellent. It reduces the amount of disturbance it causes. It’s also enjoyable to the ears.
Sonos Application: Customize to your needs
You can download the Sonos app from both the Apple and Google Play stores. It can be used to adjust EQ settings (treble, bass, and other stuff).
These Features are its X-Factor:
- Unique Surround Sound: The soundbar 11 drivers, eight woofers, and three tweeters. This creates an exceptional listening experience. They are strategically placed to maximize surround sound.
- They did a fantastic job. A person expects Atmos audio to support their music.
- Unique Modes: The Night Mode and the Enhanced Dialogue modes are great additions to the Arc. Both modes are great and can be used frequently.
- Night mode is thoughtful and reduces the volume of loud sounds making it more pleasant to use. Customers will also find the Enhanced Dialogue mode to be very satisfying.
What The Customers Complain About:
- While I think the soundbar is fantastic, some things concern the customers and me.
- Bluetooth: No Bluetooth is a severe problem. Even a half-priced soundbar can offer Bluetooth connectivity.
- It will be genuinely excellent if Bluetooth is integrated into the soundbar.
- TruePlay pairing: While TruePlay is a great feature, Android devices cannot pair with it.
- This is something that Android users should fix.
- Touch controls: Arc offers touch controls for volume adjustment and plays/pause.
Height: 3.4 inches
Width 45 inches
Depth: 4.25 inches
- Finish: Matte Black/ Matte White
- Status LED: This indicates the status of the mic and speaker. It adjusts according to the room lighting, so it isn’t too bright or dark.
- Weight: 6.25 kgs
- Connectivity: HDMI ARC port, Optical port, Ethernet Port, Wi-Fi connection:2.4GHz.
- Sonos S2 – Use the Sonos S2 App to modify product settings. Also compatible with Apple AirPlay 2.
- Infrared receiver: This device uses infrared radiation to transmit signals.
Sonos Arc Pros and Cons:
- There are far more drivers than their competitors
- Supports Atmos Audio.
- Smart design
- Unique audio content delivered without the need for additional speakers
- Unique modes: Night Sound and Enhanced Dialog
- Moderate ambient sound
- Bluetooth is not supported
- TruePlay does not offer an Android pairing option
Bose 700 Soundbar Reviews: Can It Justify Its Price?
The Bose 700 is undoubtedly a formidable competitor to Sonos Arc. We found some fantastic in this soundbar review, such as voice assistants, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity.
These Features are a Must-Have!
- The remote control can be used to control the Bose App and customize it.
- It also characters a mic that allows it to recognize your voice commands via Amazon Alexa easily.
- This soundbar produces a stunning sound quality that is simply amazing. Bose makes great products that don’t cost too much.
- The soundbar allows you to enjoy a great movie, music, or video game experience. It is clear and precise at all frequencies.
Bose soundbars can be connected to other Bose products. This allows you to keep the soundbar at a low volume while the other device hears it loud. This allows you to enjoy the soundbar as loud or low as you wish while causing more minor disturbances for others.
Let’s now get an overview of the product, and then let’s look at the details to see if it is right for you.
Extraordinary Sound: Feel every beat
Sound beats are the essence of any movie or video game scene. It doesn’t matter how scary a movie is if your heart doesn’t pump with each step.
Bose 700 soundbar is the ideal soundbar for this. The soundbar is crystal clear and has a rich bass to allow you to sway at the moment.
Bose employs impressive technology to make even more incredible products. The soundbar has been cleverly packed with technology to function as a slim powerhouse.
Premium look: Compact and smooth design
It has a tempered-glass top and a clean, smooth finish. The soundbar is a good fit for the environment. It reflects light but not enough to distract.
It can be mounted on a wall or placed on a surface. It is also compact in design, making it extremely powerful for the amount of space it takes.
Voice Assistants: Hands-free command
You can use the soundbar’s voice assistants with ease by using Amazon Alexa and Google assistant.
You can listen to music, set alarms, make calls, or simply use your voice to make calls. You don’t have to repeat the command twice, thanks to the microphone built-in.
This microphone can be used to hear you, even when there is loud music in the background.
Universal Remote: One for all
You can use the universal remote to control your soundbar. There will be six presets, and buttons that you need at any given moment will light up.
It is so easy to use. It’s easy to use because of the lights on the buttons.
Bose SimpleSync: Listen without disturbing others
This feature allows you to connect other Bose products, such as Bose headphones, to the soundbar. You c adjust the volume of the soundbar while allowing you to connect other Bose devices.
This allows you to keep your thoughts private for others while still being able to hear them.
Bose Music App: Music at your fingertip
Bose Music allows you to listen to as much music as you want and also controls the soundbar.
Presets can be created which allow you to listen to your favorite songs with just one touch. You can also set up the app with just a few steps.
Add More Devices: Take it to another level
You might be tempted to buy more soundbars after you have tried the performance. You don’t have to worry; you can add additional devices to your sound for the ultimate experience.
Bose Surround Speakers 700 or Bose Bass Module 700 can be added for additional bass.
You can combine both to create the ultimate sound experience. It is possible to connect all these devices wirelessly.
These Are The X-Factors of Bose 700
- Fantastic sound: Bose products can be expensive. This soundbar is no exception.
- It still has a tremendous neutral sound profile, which will make you fall in love.
- Universal remote: This universal remote is very useful. It’s easy to use and highly convenient. The intelligent room lighting of the buttons at a given moment is best.
- SimpleSync: Bose SimpleSync is an excellent feature for users. This feature is best because it allows you to change the volume on your devices and mute the microphone of the soundbar.
What The Customers Complain About
- While I agree with the product’s amazingness, some things customers don’t like about it.
- No Dolby digital. If you spend a lot of money on a sound, it is only natural that you want surround sound. Although the product does have a pseudo surround sound, it is not enough to satisfy all.
- Not too rich bass: Although the soundbar has the best bass, it doesn’t have as much thunder to it as its price. The cost of the bass speaker is increased by people buy it as an add-on.
- External speakers for Dolby Bass and Bass are almost as expensive as the soundbar. This will not be possible for everyone.
- Height: 5.72 cm
- Width: 97.8cm
- Depth: 10.8 cm
- Weight: 4.76 kg
- Material: Premium Glass and Metal Grille
- Bluetooth Range: 9m
- Bluetooth Version:4.2
- Inputs: HDMI ARC and Ethernet, Optical. ADAPTiQ. Power.
- Black and Arctic White are the most popular colors
- Bose App compatible
- Supports audio formats: Dolby Digital, DTS
Bose Soundbar 700 Pros and Cons
- It gives the illusion of surround sound, even though it doesn’t have that particular feature.
- SimpleSync feature
- Compact design
- Universal remote
- Dolby Atmos is not an audio format.
- Bass could be richer
Time For A Head-On Comparison Between Bose and Sonos Soundbars!
Let’s see which soundbar would be best for our living spaces:
Does Sonos sound better than Bose?
Arc provides surround sound because it supports Dolby atmos, while Bose does not. Bose 700 can create an illusion of surround, but it isn’t good enough.
Arc might be a better choice if you are considering gaming with the soundbar.
Arc also offers a richer bass than Bose 700. This is probably due to having more drivers.
Bose 700 is an excellent choice for bass lovers. If you’re willing to spend more on a speaker, you can also consider Bose 600. Arc might be worth your consideration.
It’s hard to say which system is superior when it comes to overall performance. Bose has excellent sound due to its delicate balance of all elements, while Arc offers superb audio with richer bass and surround.
Here’s the Deal:
It’s hard for me to pick a winner based on solely on sound because they’re the same.
You can decide what you prefer by evaluating the surround sound and bass.
Bose 700 may be a good option if you have the money.
You can also consider the Arc soundbar.
Which Soundbar Offers Better Built And Design?
Both companies did an outstanding job in designing and building the soundbars. Both soundbars are small and sleek.
There are, however, differences…
First, the Bose 700’s reflections some light, which can be distracting, while Arc does not. The reflection on the Bose 700 is not a problem for me personally.
Arc is heavier than Bose 700, and Bose 700 weighs less. Bose 700 may be a good choice for those who are concerned about space.
Both are well-built and durable enough to last many years.
And the Winner Is…
Bose 700 wins here in terms of compactness, and Arc wins for design. It doesn’t matter what your needs or opinions are.
Which Soundbar Delivers Better Connectivity Options?
Here’s something important to know.
Bose 700 has Bluetooth connectivity that is decently long, while Arc does not.
This is an important deciding factor for many.
Bose 700 wins here, and it has the upper hand.
If you aren’t bothered by Bluetooth connectivity, they are both worth looking at.
Both offer Wi-Fi connectivity, but Bluetooth is preferred by many.
Finally, Who Offers Better Convenience?
The soundbar offers two convenient ways to use it, but there’s one thing that is very obvious.
Bose 700 has the universal remote control that many people find helpful. Both offer touch controls as well as an app.
Bose 700 is the better option. Arc is also worth looking into if you aren’t bothered by not having a remote.
Overall Winner: Sonos Arc
In this Sonos Arc vs. Bose Soundbar 700 comparison piece, our experts came to the conclusion that the Sonos Arc has better sound quality than the Bose Soundbar 700.
Sonos Arc can play multiple audio formats thanks to the eARC, which allows you to listen to uncompressed, high-quality content. The eight woofers in Sonos Arc produce a better bass sound quality.
Can Bose soundbar and Sonos work together?
Your Bose device could be an active component of a Sonos system. If your Bose device has its amplifier, it could use a Sonos Connect. If your Bose speakers don’t have an amplifier, your Bose device can use a Sonos Amp.
Is Bose soundbar 700 worth it?
The Bose Smart Soundbar 700 can be used for music. The sound profile is well balanced, making it suitable for listening to many different music genres. It does not have any bass, but you can get a separate subwoofer to improve the performance.
Why does Bose have no Dolby Atmos?
Bose now supports HDMI eARC to connect to an eARC-compatible TV to enable supports Dolby Atmos. Although the soundbar has an optical port, Atmos is not supported. It does not support any DTS audio format.
After comparing the Sonos Arc vs Bose Soundbar 700, we see that the two devices are entirely different.
The Bose Soundbar 700 is more traditional, while the Sonos Arc is a wireless soundbar that can directly connect to your TV or any other Bluetooth-enabled device.
While both of these speakers offer excellent performance, they have distinct differences in features and functionality.
The Bose Soundbar 700 has a more significant number of speakers. They produce a better sound, but because of this, they are priced slightly higher.
On the other hand, the Sonos Arc has three drivers and is slightly more compact and easy to set up.
So which should you get? The Sonos Arc vs Bose Soundbar 700 both deliver excellent sound, and Hooke Audio can recommend both of them.