AirPods are Bluetooth-enabled headphones that are designed to be worn during workouts or the daily commute. It is the best wireless earbuds on the market now. AirPods are also compatible with many Apple products, including the iPhone, iPad, and MacBook.
And If you want to use AirPods during play Xbox One. But, can you connect Airpods To Xbox One? Keep reading this article; Hooke Audio will show you the answer.
Can You Use AirPods on Xbox One?
Microsoft’s Xbox One does not have Bluetooth support, so it cannot pair Apple AirPods with an Xbox console. It is also impossible to pair AirPods with the Xbox One controller’s headphone jack.
AirPods can still chat with friends in an Xbox Party or voice chat in popular video games such as Fortnite by using the official Xbox app for iOS and Android.
Why AirPods Don’t Work with Xbox
Microsoft has developed a large accessories ecosystem that supports the Xbox consoles. Some of the most advanced Xbox headsets can compete with general-purpose headphones. These accessories use the proprietary
Xbox Wireless protocol designed for Xbox headsets and Xbox controllers. The newest Xbox consoles do not support Bluetooth connection, so many existing headphones and earbuds are excluded, including AirPods.
AirPods won’t work on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S consoles due to compatibility issues caused by the different wireless technologies.
It’s best to stick with the official accessories. There are viable wireless headsets available in both budget and premium price ranges.
There are many ways to use Bluetooth headphones with Xbox consoles. Although the process isn’t perfect, it provides a quick solution for those needing a headset other than a Bluetooth headset. You will need a smartphone that is compatible with your AirPods and the official Xbox app.
How to Connect AirPods to Xbox One With the Xbox App
You can download the official Xbox app for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android phone and tablet. It can be used to track Xbox Achievements and to buy Xbox One games. You can also send DMs to your Xbox Network friends.
This is how you can use the Xbox app and Apple AirPods simultaneously when gaming on an Xbox One console.
- Pair your AirPods or AirPods Pro with your iOS or Android device.
- Get the Xbox app for iOS and Android on your tablet or smartphone.
- Next, open the Xbox app and tap Sign In. Log in using the same Xbox account or Microsoft account that you used on your Xbox One.
- It may be possible for your Microsoft account to automatically appear if you have previously added it to your ios device. Tap it if the email associated with your Xbox One console seems correct. Tap Add the new account to enter the password and email address associated with your Xbox One console.
- Tap Let’s Play.
- Tap the Parties icon. It looks like three people.
- Tap to start a party.
- Instantly, an Xbox party will be created.
- Tap Invite to invite.
- Tap on the names of all friends you wish to add to your Xbox Party.
- Click Send invitation. All invited friends will receive an invitation notification on their Xbox One consoles and their Xbox App.
- Get your Apple AirPods and start chatting with friends.
- After you’re done chatting, tap Leave party.
Using a Bluetooth adapter
the Bluetooth adapters for your Xbox controller that connects to Bluetooth can be purchased. It will allow you to use your AirPods via Bluetooth audio capabilities.
This option is easy, but it will require you to purchase another mobile device if one is not already purchased. It doesn’t always provide a reliable connection.
How to Connect AirPods to Xbox One Using Other Apps
You can chat with your gaming friends using any chat app. Many people like to communicate through Discord, but you can also use these apps to chat while playing Xbox One video games.
- Facebook Messenger
These apps can be used in the same way as regular voice calls or chats. One downside to the Xbox app being used over the apps above is that not all your Xbox friends might have them. You can find these apps on the google play store.
How to use AirPods for Xbox Party Chat
Remote play sessions automatically stream game audio to your AirPods. However, Party Chat requires you to take a few additional steps. Expanding the stream settings gives you the option to make your AirPods microphone available for Microsoft’s voice chat system. You can also use the microphone via game chat in multiplayer games.
- To use Xbox remote play, press the “…” icon at the top right corner.
- To activate your AirPods microphone, select Unmute
- Select Mute to disable your AirPods microphone again.
Although the AirPods microphone may not be the best, you will get better results with another gaming headset for the Xbox console. The method is still a viable way for friends and colleagues to communicate without an Xbox-compatible headset.
These steps can be used with any Bluetooth device. This is not an ideal solution as it requires your phone to stream video continuously and may cause latency on specific networks. It’s close to AirPods support for your Xbox console, but it does provide a wireless in-ear sound system.
Those are the easiest ways to connect your AirPods to Xbox One; We hope that this guide can help you enjoy the great sound of AirPods on Xbox One. If you have any other requests, don’t hesitate to let us know at the comment box below, we will try our best to respond as soon as possible.