Released with high anticipation in December 2016, the Airpod may be one of the most exciting inventions in recent years. Apple-designed the wireless earbuds intending to be an always with your device to use when on the go without the need for an unsightly cord.
Though designed for the iPhone, Apple’s AirPods, and it is compatible with Android devices, specific issues should be looked into before using the Airpods with your Android device. If you still cannot connect the AirPods with your android device, this is an excellent place. In this article, Hooke Audio will show you if Do Airpods Work With Android?
Can AirPods be Connected to Android?
AirPods can be used on Android phones, so in short: Yes. AirPods are Bluetooth earbuds that work with Android and Samsung. These buds can be used with all Bluetooth devices, including most Windows laptops and smart TVs.
The same applies to Apple’s new headphones: AirPods Pro also works well on an Android smartphone.
How to Connect Apple Airpods or Airpods Pro to Your Android Phone
Apple’s AirPods or AirPods max can be connected to any Android device in the same manner as any other Bluetooth device. Follow the instructions below or the video above to pair them.
- Open Bluetooth settings on your Android smartphones.
- Select Pair a New Apple Device.
- To enable the pairing process, open the Apple AirPods Case.
- Tap on the AirPods to confirm pairing.
- Push and hold the button at the back of the AirPods case until you see the LED light flash between the AirPods. You can then put the AirPods into pairing mode by pressing and holding the button on the rear of their charging case until they flash.
- After these steps are completed, your AirPods will be automatically connected to your device.
What Features Do Apple Airpods Offer When Connected to an Android Device?
Apple AirPods work in the same manner as other Bluetooth headphones once connected. These features are available to you:
- Double-tap an AirPod while it’s in your ears to play and pause music.
- Sound quality for music and film
- Audio quality calling
- Any audio you would typically play through the speakers of your phone. AirPods Pro has slightly different functionality, but all the necessary features work.
- You can play and pause the music simultaneously by pressing the AirPod Pro stem one more time.
- You can skip ahead by pressing twice fast
- Triple-pressing allows you to skip back
- To activate/deactivate active noise cancellation or ambient listening mode, press and hold the stem.
However, unlike when you connect to an iPhone, call audio does not automatically transfer to your phone if the AirPods or AirPods Pro are removed from your ears.
The battery life indicator for your AirPods will not appear on Android. You’ll need to keep track of how long you’ve been listening so that you can know when you should recharge.
If you want AirPods for your Android phone, you don’t have to worry about it. You might be tempted to try the OnePlus Buds or Samsung Galaxy Buds.
AirPod Missing Features That Don’t Work on Android
The AirPods can be paired with any iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac. They offer a wide range of features thanks to the AirPods 2’s H1 chip or the W1 wireless chip from the first generation.
Here are some AirPod features that you will miss out on when using AirPods with Android.
- Siri. You can tap on your iPhone to access Siri. This allows you to change songs, adjust the volume or ask simple questions. You can activate Siri with AirPods 2 by tapping Hey Siri.
- You are customizing Double Tap. You can customize double tap in the Settings app for iOS devices. You have the option to access Siri, Play/Pause, and Next Track.
- Automatic switching. Apple users can link their AirPods to an iCloud account, allowing them to easily switch between AirPods and an iPad, iPhone, or Apple Watch.
- It’s easy to set up. It takes just a few minutes to pair with an iOS device.
- You are checking the battery. You can ask Siri on the iPhone or Apple Watch about the battery. Or, check it via the Today Center on iPhone or Control Center on Apple Watch. This functionality can be replaced on Android by the AirBattery app, Assistant Trigger.
- Automatic ear detection. iPhone’s AirPod remover will pause your iPhone until you place the AirPod back in your ear.
- Single AirPod listening. Because it uses ear-detection functionality, you can only listen to music with one AirPod. To connect to Android, both AirPods must be out of the case.
Do AirPods Work on Android?
The AirPods, even if you only use Android devices, are an excellent wire-free option. They outperform all other wireless earbuds for Android. AirPods can be used on both Android and iOS devices.
AirPods are available in various attractive options that Android users may find appealing, even without the bells and whistles found on iOS devices. However, there are also wire-free Android options such as the Pixel Buds and the Galaxy Buds that the Android user might be interested in.
AirPods are very comfortable, stable, and easy to use. The AirPods come with a convenient, portable charging case that offers 24 hours of battery life. It is easy to charge the case, Apple’s Lightning Cable.
One reason you might not want to use AirPods on Android is sound quality. The Sound Guys highlight the poor performance of AAC on Android in comparison to an iPhone. This is likely due to the way Android handles Bluetooth codecs. Now we hope you know How to use Apple AirPods with an Android.
Third-Party Apps to Improve Compatibility
Android users have several third-party apps they can use to enhance the AirPods’ functionality.
These apps improve user comfort. AirPods are worth a try because they allow you to use previously incompatible features. Here are some of our favorite Android apps and their capabilities AirPods with an android.
The AirBattery app provides real-time data about your AirPods’ battery level. This free app will allow you to check your buds’ battery life and help you plan your charging.
Assistant Trigger app
While Siri can’t be accessed on Android, the Google Assistant can work with your AirPods. It closely integrates AirPods and Androids functionality.
You can call Google Assistant, similar to Siri, to set up alarms, play music and manage your home’s automatic devices. You can also access the AssistantTrigger app by double-tapping the AirPods. Install the AssistantTrigger app to activate this function.
So if you want AirPods with your Android phone, there’s nothing to stop you from using them. We hope that our guide can help you learn more ways to use AirPods with android.