Bose Soundbar is a great sound system. Bose soundbars are great for people who are new to home theater setups. Connecting your bose soundbar to your TV isn’t complicated at all, but there are a few steps you’ll need to go through.
This article will provide how to connect bose soundbar to TV and what to do when you have completed the process
How Do You Connect Your Bose Soundbar?
There are three ways to connect your Bose soundbar with your TV. Depending on your TV’s capabilities and the Bose soundbar you choose, which one will depend on what you have.
Some TVs with a newer model may connect via HDMI (using optical, ARC, or Bluetooth). If you have an older TV, adaptors can be purchased for these connections.
HDMI is the best method to connect your Bose soundbar with your TV. It provides the highest audio quality. Optical comes in second. Bluetooth is an option if you are okay with a muddy sound.
We’ll be discussing how to connect Bose soundbar to TV using each of these options.
Using HDMI ARC
You can connect your TV and soundbar if they support HDMI ARC. Your TV will then be able to send your TV’s audio to the soundbar.
Your TV should have an HDMI ARC port. You won’t hear the TV’s soundbar if it doesn’t support ARC (Audio Return Channel).
Your TV’s port will be labeled ARC. You can refer to the manual or support of your TV if you are unsure.
Follow these steps to connect with HDMI ARC.
- Turn off your TV and soundbar
- An HDMI cable is the same as an HDMI ARC cable.
- Connect one end of your TV to the soundbar and the other to your TV
- Turn on the TV and soundbar
- You can change the output via the TV settings
- Your soundbar can be used to change the audio input to HDMI
You can adjust the settings in this article depending on your TV or soundbar model. These are the only steps that you will need to take.
Once the soundbar is connected, you will hear sound. Try resetting the soundbar and reconnecting again if you still don’t hear any audio.
Using Optical Cable
If your TV doesn’t support ARC, this is the second option. This is a more modern option than HDMI.
Make sure that your TV and soundbar can accept optical cable connections.
Follow these steps to connect Bose soundbars= to your TV via optical cable.
- Purchase an optical cable
- Connect one end of your cable to the Bose soundbar, and the other end to the TV
- Select optical cable from the Audio Output Settings of your TV
- Select Digital in from the Audio Source on Bose soundbar
Your TV and soundbar may have different settings. Although they may look different on TVs and soundbars, the basic steps are the same for all.
This is a reliable feature, but all TVs or soundbars do not support it. All TVs or soundbars do not support this feature. Modern devices often have this feature, but older models do not.
If you have a wireless connection, you can use it. A wireless conversion kit can be purchased to make this connection available.
Bluetooth does not deliver the same sound quality as HDMI or optical cable. It is convenient and free from wires.
Bluetooth is supported by both your TV and soundbar, so we assume they are compatible.
Follow these steps to connect them.
- To enter pairing mode, press the Bluetooth button on your soundbar/remote and hold it down. The manual will show you how to enter pairing mode.
- Open the Bluetooth menu on the TV and choose your Bose soundbar among the available devices.
- This soundbar is a great pairing.
- You can watch something on TV and listen to audio from the soundbar.
For Bose 500 Soundbar And 700 Soundbar
Bose 500 Soundbar and Bose 700 Soundbar are among the most loved soundbars from Bose. These soundbars have high-quality audio, and both support HDMI and optical connections.
You can connect up to 700 Bose soundbar to your TV if it supports HDMI ARC.
Why won’t my Bose Soundbar connect to my TV?
Reset the HDMI connection using both the source device and the cables connecting between them. Turn off the Bose, source device, and TV. Unplug the Bose, source device, and TV. Securely connect two HDMI cables at each end by disconnecting them.
How do I get my Bose Soundbar to work?
- Install your soundbar
- Connect the power cord to the soundbar to a plug.
- Open the Bose Music app on your mobile device. Open the Bose Music app on your mobile device.
- Allow Location Service and Local Access Network permissions to the app if asked. You can also access the app via Location Service or Local Access Network permissions.
- Choose Speaker & Soundbar
Why is my soundbar not working with my TV?
Next, turn on the TV and then your audio device. Check that sound is being output by changing the TV’s audio output setting from PCM to PCM. Reset your TV and audio device.
Note: For a factory reset on your Android TV (TM), refer to Resetting the TV.
Bose soundbars are excellent devices. They offer incredible sound, beautiful designs and offer fantastic connectivity to your TV.
Connecting them to your TV isn’t complicated at all, but you have to know a few things about how they work before you can connect them.
This article has taken the most time-consuming step out of the way so you can get back to enjoying your Bose soundbar with ease.
Hooke Audio hope you liked it. Thank you for reading. Don’t forget to Subscribe!