This article will help you find how to connect Vizio soundbar to TV. When you are looking for a way to improve the sound quality on your Vizio TV, one option is to connect the TV’s speakers to a soundbar.
A soundbar has an audio receiver and multiple amplifiers that are responsible for the sound of the audio. However, it is imperative to note that some TVs have amplified audio connecting to a soundbar.
- 1 How to Connect The Vizio Soundbar to The TV
- 2 Instructions For Vizio Sound Bar Installation
- 3 Vizio TV Not Working With Soundbar
- 4 Vizio TV Not Recognizing/Connecting to Soundbar
- 5 Conclusion
How to Connect The Vizio Soundbar to The TV
1. Using a SPDIF Cable
- Unpack your Vizio. Make sure to take your Vizio out of its original packaging. Also, make sure you have all the user guide, cables, mounts, screws. SPDIF cables can also be called Toslink, fiber-optic, or Toslink. You will need the correct cable for each connection type.
- Take off the plastic wrap at each end of the SPDIF. This will enable you to plug your optical cable into your TV or soundbar safely.
- Connect the other end of the optical cable to your TV’s port. To keep dust out, there are often plastic covers that cover the optical port. You must ensure that the RCA cable is securely inserted and properly connected.
- Connect the other end to the OPTICAL port on your soundbar. It should be the same as the one at the back of the TV.
- Make sure the soundbar is turned on. To turn the soundbar on, connect it to a power outlet using the cable.
- Choose the correct input way for your soundbar remote. Use the arrow keys or the Input button on the soundbars to select optical, Toslink, and SPDIF.
- The menu key will appear on the soundbar remote control. This will bring up the VIZIO menu.
- Select Audio from the apps menu. This will open the soundbar’s audio settings.
- Get the TV Speakers set off. To toggle the TV Speakers set off, use the arrow keys to the remote. This will reduce echo effects from multiple sound sources.
- You can change the Digital Audio Out setting from Bitstream to Dolby Digital. This option can be found in the Audio menu. You can switch to a different setting by using the arrow keys on your remote.
2. Using an RCA
- Unpack your Vizio soundbars. Make sure to take your Vizio soundbar out of its original packaging. Also, make sure you have all the manuals, cables, screws, mounts, or mounting hardware.
- The red-and-white RCA cable is available. This can be used to establish an analog sound connection.
- Locate the AUDIO OUT port at the back of the TV. It should have two red and white connectors labeled as Audio Output on your TV.
- The red and white wire should be paired to the respective ports of your TV. Connect the end of the cable to the port and the white end to the white.
- Connect the other end to the red-and-white AUDIO IN/AUX connection on the soundbars. This will establish an analog sound connection between the TV and your soundbars.
- Make sure the soundbars is turned on. To turn the soundbars on, connect it to a power cord using the cable.
- Choose AUX to be your input method when using the soundbar remote. Use the arrow keys to select the AUX input method.
- The menu key will appear on the soundbar remote. This will bring up the VIZIO menu.
- Select Audio. This will open the soundbar’s audio settings.
- Switch the TV Speakers setting off. To toggle the TV Speakers, use the arrow keys to the remote. This will reduce echo effects from multiple sound sources.
- You can change the Analog Audio Out setting from Fixed to Variable. These settings can be differ depending on your preference. Select Variable to have your soundbar automatically adjust the volume when you adjust the TV volume. Select Fixed to have your soundbar volume controlled by the soundbars.
3. Use HDMI ARC
- Unpack your Vizio soundbars. Make sure to take your Vizio out from its original packaging. Also, make sure you have all the cables, mounts, screws, and manuals.
- Connect one end of an HDMI cable to your sound bar’s HDMI OUT (ARC). This will enable you to connect your sound cable via HDMI cable.
- Connect the other end to the HDMI 1 port (ARC) on the back. This will enable your Vizio TV to send signals via the HDMI cables to the soundbars.
Connect your soundbars to power. Connect the cable from your soundbar to the Power port at the back. Then plug the cable into a power source.
- Choose HDMI as the input way for your sound bar remote. Use the arrow keys to choose HDMI cable.
4. Use Bluetooth
- Unpack your Vizio sound bar. Make sure to take your Vizio soundbars out from its original packaging. Also, make sure you have all the manuals, cables, screws, mounts, or mounts.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button at the side of the soundbar. This will activate Bluetooth pairing mode for your soundbar. Alternatively, you can also press the input button- the Bluetooth button. If your VIZIO remote has an LED screen, press MENU to find the BT Pair option.
- Check that your TV’s Bluetooth has been turned on. To pair your TV with your soundbar, you will need to use the menu on your Vizio TV.
- Your smart TV’s Bluetooth connection pairing menu will allow you to select your soundbars. Although the pairing menus may differ between TVs, you will typically only need to choose your soundbars from your TV’s Bluetooth discovery.
Instructions For Vizio Sound Bar Installation
Vizio TV Not Working With Soundbar
Here are some general troubleshooting tips to help the Sound bar. These should resolve most problems. You can also look for problem-specific solutions down below.
You can perform a hard reset on either the Sound bar or the Vizio TV to determine the cause. This applies to both the Soundbar as well as the TV. This reset will remove any errors from the device, but it will not erase your settings.
Step 1: Turn off your TV screen or Soundbars.
Step 2: Unplug your TV or Soundbar from other devices to not connect to anything.
Step 3: Disconnect the TV/Soundbar from the power supply.
Step 4: For 30 seconds, press and hold the power button on your TV or Sound bar.
Step 5: Wait 10 minutes more before plugging your TV or Soundbar into the power source.
Step 6: Connect the TV/Sound bar to other devices and turn it on again.
Update the Soundbar
Both the Vizio TV and the Soundbars should be running the most recent firmware. The SmartCast app can be used to update the Soundbar, or you can do it manually using a computer.
You can ensure that you have the most recent firmware installed to fix any bugs in previous firmware versions. When you press the ‘Volume up’ and ‘Volume down’ buttons simultaneously, the Soundbars will display the current firmware version.
Follow these steps to update SmartCast via the app.
- Step 1: Start the Vizio SmartCast App on your Mobile.
- Step 2: Navigate To Settings > System > Check For Updates.
- Step 3: Click ‘Yes’ and confirm all updates.
- Step 4: Wait until the Sound bar turns off, reconnect to SmartCast.
Follow these steps to update Soundbar via a PC instead.
- Step 1: Visit the Vizio Support site.
- Step 2: Enter your Sound bar model number, for example, ‘Vizio SB36512-F6’. Continue that text by clicking on ‘Firmware update.’
- Step 3: Select the relevant article and enter your model number.
- Step 4: Find the link to the latest firmware within the article.
- Step 5: Click on ‘Instructions to Updating Using A Thumb Drive’.
- Step 6: Click ‘Click Here To Download the Latest Firmware Version’. Note where the.zip file is saved on your computer.
- Step 7: Copy the.zip file to a USB. The USB must have at least 2GB of space, and it should not contain any other files.
- Step 8: Turn on the Soundbars and ensure it is not connected to any audio signals.
- Step 9: Insert your USB into the Sound bar’s back and wait for it to finish.
- Step 10: Wait until the lights stop flashing and the Soundbars turns back on before you take out the USB.
Factory resets will wipe all settings from the Soundbar and return it to its original state.
- Step 1: Hold the Input button and the Bluetooth button.
- Step 2: Hold these buttons for six seconds or until the Soundbar re-emerges.
If the Sound bar does not restart after 10 seconds, press and hold the Input source and either the? Volume Down’ (or ‘Volume up’) button. These variations may vary depending on the Sound bar model.
Vizio TV Not Recognizing/Connecting to Soundbar
Your Vizio TV may not recognize or connect to your Soundbars because of interference from other devices. Unplug all other devices from your TV. Other devices that use CEC seem to be the most problematic.
After unplugging all devices from the Soundbars, could you turn it on again? If the Sound bar is still working, you can try plugging in your devices one by one to determine which device is causing it.
You should check the cables if it’s still not working. It would help if you connected the HDMI cable to the HDMI-ARC port on the TV or Sound bar. These ports are labeled accordingly.
The cable should be checked to see if it is loose or faulty. This can be done by either plugging the cable into another device or putting a new one into the Sound bar.
CEC may be disabled so that your Soundbar cannot be used. This feature can be enabled by clicking the link below, titled “How to Connect Vizio TV To Soundbar”. Other issues may prevent Soundbar from functioning further down.
You can also update the firmware or perform a hard reset of your TV and Soundbars. The Soundbar might need to be reset to factory settings. This is how you can do it.
The articles are intended to ensure that you have enough information to make the proper connections and the best use of your new Vizio soundbar.
There are many options for cables, including RCA, coaxial, and digital optical. However, HDMI is the preferred choice. You can also set up a wireless connection with some sound bars with a Bluetooth pairing feature.
You placed the soundbars close to your ear. Place your soundbars below your TV, so that surround sound is at your ear level.
After reading through these articles, you should easily connect your Vizio sound bars.
If you still haven’t found the answer to how to connect the Vizio soundbar to the tv, kindly feel free to ask Hooke Audio in the comment section below!