Due to the covid pandemic, working from home is becoming more and more popular. Therefore, the need to use a mic to exchange work with colleagues becomes more necessary than ever.
But sometimes the mic malfunction prevents you from communicating with colleagues, causing obstacles in your work.
So if you think your Microphone volume in windows is too low at times, You want to quickly solve the mic volume problem but don’t know-how.
Don’t worry. Hooke Audio will also provide you with the quickest and most accurate how to increase microphone volume windows 10.
Preliminary Tests To Boost Microphone Volume On Windows 10
Before you try the following fixes, make sure that others can hear you
- Make sure the Mute button isn’t activated on your headset.
- Connect your microphone or headset correctly to your computer.
- Make sure your microphone is correctly positioned.
- Make sure your microphone or headset is set to the default recording device. This can be done by going to Start > Settings > Sound and then selecting your microphone from multiple microphones present under the Choose your input device option.
- To ensure it is working, speak into the microphone and run the tests. If the line moves left to right, it means that the microphone is functioning. However, if the line doesn’t move, your mic is not picking up any sound.
- If the microphone volume in windows 10 of your Skype calls is low and you need to boost microphone volume, click More > Settings at the top right corner. Then select Microphone under Audio & Video and choose the headset or microphone that you want. Also, make sure that you have selected the Speakers section.
These fixes may not work if you are unable to increase microphone volume in windows.
Adjust Microphone Volume
- The mic volume icon is located in the system tray at the bottom right corner.
- Right-click the mic volume icon to open sound settings
- Look for the Input device in the Sounds Settings window. Click the blue Device properties link (circled red in the screenshot).
- This will bring up the Microphone Properties window. You can adjust the volume of your microphone by clicking on the Levels Tab.
- You don’t have to set the mic volume level at 100%, but it should be sufficient so that the computer can hear audio.
- Make sure your microphone is turned off. Click the speaker icon to turn off the muted sound.
- After you have selected the best settings for your system, click OK and save them. Close all settings windows after you are done with setting your microphone volume.
How To Use Control Panel To Adjust Microphone Volume Levels
The Control Panel in Windows 10 allows you to increase the volume level of your microphone.
- Open Control Panel. On the control panel menu chose Hardware & Sound icon to do this.
- Select the Sound icon.
- Select the Recording tab in the Sound popup.
- The microphones will be connected to your computer.
Right-click on the active microphone to open Properties. To increase your active microphone output, you can click on the Levels tab.
Give Apps Permission to Use Your Microphone
If Windows 10 has just been Updated Sound, Audio drivers, and microphone. Your microphone isn’t being detected, you can allow apps to access your microphone and see if the volume level works.
- Select Start > Settings > Privacy to permit apps for your microphone to be used by other apps
- Select Microphones under App Permissions
- Next, click Change to enable Allow apps access to your microphone.
- Select the Microsoft apps that can access your microphone from the Choose menu.
Boosting Microphone Levels in Windows Settings
You can easily increase the microphone volume in Windows 10 by using the Settings menu. This menu allows you to control your audio devices’ input and output levels, including your mic.
- Right-click on the Start menu to open the Settings menu. Then, select the Settings option.
- Open Settings.
- Press System > Sound in the Settings menu. Select your microphone from the dropdown menu and then click the Device Properties button.
- Windows Settings Microphone Device Properties Buttons
- Press the Additional device properties option in the Related Settings section of the Devices Properties menu to access your microphone boost option levels.
- Windows Settings Additional Devices Properties
- To adjust the Microphone volume slider to maximum, click the Levels tab in the Microphone Properties window. To ensure maximum input volume, adjust the Microphone volume slider from 100 to 100.
- Move the Microphone Boost sliders up if you wish to increase microphone levels. You can adjust the volume microphone boost, but this could cause audio anomalies.
- Before you use your microphone again, make sure you test every increase in boost. Once you are satisfied with the settings, click OK to save them and apply them to your microphone.
Using Third-Party Software for Audio Mixer
The Microphone Boost feature in Windows 10 can increase the input level tab from a microphone, but its microphone boost option is very basic. A third-party mixer can be used to enhance your microphone’s performance.
VoiceMeeter is free software that boosts the microphone windows. There are many options. This virtual audio mixer allows you to adjust the audio levels tab of your computer for all your sound devices, including your microphone.
- First, download the latest VoiceMeeter version and install it on your computer. Run the app once it is installed. Click on one of the Hardware Input options to select your microphone.
- After you have selected the microphone in VoiceMeeter, you can start to increase the levels.
- To increase input volume, move the Fader Gain slider up. To test the increase, you can move the Fader Gain slider upwards while using your microphone, either in a recording or during video calls.
- To save any changes made to your settings, click Menu > Save Settings.
This will enable you to quickly load the same volume profile for your mic whenever you want to use it.
Improving The Audio Quality In Windows 10
You now know how to increase microphone levels in Windows 10. This will allow you to manage all your audio drivers, from high-end speakers to plug-in headphones.
OneNote can be used to record the output of your microphone. However, there are better third-party options.
However, boosting the sound level won’t help if you don’t own a good enough microphone. You can instead use your smartphone as a second piece of equipment.
You can either use the built-in microphone to record voice notes on your iPhone or Android Speech-to-Text to send text messages.
Clear communication is possible by removing the microphone from your work area or meeting.
Would you please leave comments below if you have any feedback or questions? This guide can be shared to help others if you found it useful. Thank you for taking the time to visit our website.