If you’re looking to boost the audio on your LG TV, you may be wondering how to pair LG soundbar to subwoofer. It may seem like a hard thing to do, but it’s not.
To pair an LG soundbar with a subwoofer, first, ensure that both devices are turned on and connected to the same power source. Then, use the soundbar’s remote to choose the “Optical” or “Bluetooth” choice by pressing the “Input” or “Source” button. Lastly, use the subwoofer’s remote to press the “Pairing” button and then follow the on-screen directions to finish.
Keep reading for more useful information.
- Why Won’t My Subwoofer Connect to My Soundbar?
- How To Connect Subwoofer To Soundbar LG
- Troubleshooting Your Connection
- How To Pair LG Soundbar To Subwoofer
- Where Should I Place My Subwoofer
- How to Pair the Subwoofer with your VIZIO Sound Bar
- Connect The Subwoofer To Your Samsung Soundbar
Why Won’t My Subwoofer Connect to My Soundbar?
If your speaker and subwoofer don’t match, check the light on the back of the subwoofer. If the light at the back of your subwoofer blinks, it is searching for a soundbar. It isn’t paired.
The subwoofer will be connected when the light is solid on it. These are the top ways to connect an L.G. Soundbar to a subwoofer.
Please turn on the Subwoofer: A red light will appear in front of it. This indicates that the Subwoofer is in standby mode.
Many people are confused about how they connect. It will then start searching your soundbar and flash a green light. You don’t require cables or other devices to connect the devices.
Once your sound woofer finds the soundbar, the flashing green light will change to a permanent green. Excellent!
It’s easy to connect them. There are no other items you need.
How To Connect Subwoofer To Soundbar LG
Although it is supposed to be simple, connecting your LG Subwoofer with your soundbar can be difficult. This is due to the way that the subwoofer connects. The subwoofer might refuse to pair with your soundbar if certain conditions are not met.
What if your LG subwoofer doesn’t connect to your soundbar? Make sure your soundbar and subwoofer are properly connected the first time.
They should automatically pair as soon as you turn on the soundbar and subwoofer of your LG. This will initiate the first connection.
- Locate the power cord to the soundbar. Connect one end of your power cord to the soundbar’s back (labeled DC IN).
- Locate the power cord for your subwoofer. Connect one end of your power cord to the subwoofer’s back (labeled DC IN).
- To turn on the speaker and soundbar, press the power button.
- The LED light will blink on the subwoofer when both devices are turned on. The subwoofer and soundbar usually communicate within a few minutes. However, they are programmed only to connect.
- The connection is complete when the LED light turns solid green and stops blinking.
If this is the first time you’ve turned on the devices, you may need to physically pair them.
If there is no sound or the LED light blinking for several seconds after switching on both devices, you will know the LG subwoofer/soundbar is not paired correctly.
Troubleshooting Your Connection
Your LG soundbar and subwoofer may not be connecting for various reasons. These are some solutions to help you connect your subwoofer and soundbar manually.
- Your LG soundbar and subwoofer should be as close together as possible. This improves the sound quality and makes it easier to connect the devices.
- You should check to ensure there is no obstruction between the LG soundbar’s subwoofer and it. Connectivity can be affected by any obstructions to the signal.
- Disable devices that operate at the same frequency as the LG soundbar or subwoofer. These devices can include microwaves, medical devices, and wireless LAN connections. Interference can occur when there are too many connections. This could prevent your soundbar from connecting to your subwoofer.
- Reduce the volume. It is easier for subwoofers to connect to soundbars if they are turned down.
- If none of these problems are happening, unplug the LG soundbar’s speaker and soundbar. After leaving them unplugged for five minutes, plug them back in. Sometimes this seems to solve the problem.
How To Pair LG Soundbar To Subwoofer
You might need to pair your LG soundbar and subwoofer manually if they don’t work immediately. Although it is simple, the steps must be followed.
These steps will allow you to pair your LG subwoofer with the LG soundbar manually:
- Reduce the volume of the soundbar. This can be done by pressing the VOL – button on the unit or the remote. This button is crucial for a good pair. However, it also activates manual pairing mode.
- Continue pressing the VOL- button. Soon the LED at the soundbar’s back should glow. It should glow red. The solid light should flash after 2 seconds.
- Locate your remote when the red LED indicator flashes.
- Hold the Mute button on your remote for 3 seconds. A speaker’s picture and a line through it may represent the mute button.
- Press the Mute button until the LED indicator light flashes quickly. This speed should be noticeable in comparison to the slower blinking.
- Next, you will need to locate your LG subwoofer. Locate the pairing button at the back of your subwoofer. To reach the button, you’ll need a small tool like a paperclip or a tiny pin. It is very small and is inset into the subwoofer’s surface.
- You can use the small tool to hold the button for over 5 seconds.
- The LED indicator light should start flashing in an alternating red-green pattern.
- It would help if you now unplugged the subwoofer and the soundbar. For a few seconds, keep them unplugged from any power source.
- Plug the subwoofer into the power source. After a few seconds, the devices will automatically pair. The LED indicator light on the subwoofer’s side can be used to tell if they have paired. It should be solid green.
These steps will pair your LG subwoofer with the soundbar. This can be tested by playing something on your TV. The pair is successful if you can hear the soundbar and subwoofer.
Where Should I Place My Subwoofer
It would help if you did not touch the wall. Stay as close to the wall as you can with your feet.
You can also play sounds through your subwoofer, which will bounce off the wall. Most people place their subwoofer below the TV, either slightly to the left of the center or slightly to the right. But you can also put your speaker somewhere else.
A subwoofer can be placed in the corner of the room to make it a better palace. Keep the subwoofer only a few inches away from the wall. This will allow the subwoofer’s sound to be amplified and enable it to produce more sound.
It would help if you also kept your subwoofer from the main unit. This is especially important if the subwoofer is portable. The closer the subwoofer is to the main unit, the better the connection.
They use the 2.4 GHz band when LG wireless active subwoofer pairing. The connection can be affected by any other devices using this band, such as a baby monitor or cordless home phone.
It is worth the effort to move the speaker around the room until you find the best spot.
How to Pair the Subwoofer with your VIZIO Sound Bar
The VIZIO Sound Bar & Subwoofer will usually pair automatically when turned on for the first time.
If the subwoofer and sound bar aren’t working together, check the subwoofer’s lighting. If the light at the back of your subwoofer blinks, the subwoofer has not paired. If the subwoofer’s light is not blinking but is still solid, it is paired.
The following steps can be used if the devices are not pairing.
- Make sure they are both plugged in and turned on.
You can turn up or down the volume to see if the speaker is on. If the soundbar is on, the volume indicator lights should appear.
A power switch is located on the subwoofer. A light should be visible near the power switch when it is powered on. The light can blink or be solid.
- Make sure the devices are at least a foot apart when you first pair them.
We are bringing the sound bar and subwoofer closer together for initial pairing.
- Make sure that both devices are in pairing mode. Different steps depend on which model you have. Click here for detailed instructions or a quick start guide.
Subwoofers usually have a button labeled Link or Pairing.
Sound bars can be set up using a remote command called ‘Pair’ or by you pressing a key on the soundbar to initiate pairing. (ex. Pairing mode is a feature that many new soundbars offer. To do this, hold the power key for 10 seconds on the soundbar.
- If they are still not pairing, unplug both devices and plug them in again. Pair them again once both devices have been reconnected to the power.
- Try a reset if the devices are still not pairing. You can find specific reset instructions in the manual of your sound bar or quick start guide (available here).
Some legacy sound bars don’t have the option to reset. Continuing with the next step if this is the case.
Please contact our technical support team if you still have trouble pairing the sub-woofer with your Sound Bar.
Connect The Subwoofer To Your Samsung Soundbar
You don’t have to worry about complicated steps when it comes to setting up your home theater system. It should be possible to enjoy your entertainment by automatically connecting the soundbar and subwoofer once they are switched on. You can also connect manually if they don’t. If you don’t have soundbars or subwoofers, you can buy them on our website.
Notice: The subwoofer will automatically turn on when you plug it into the power cord. It is only designed to be connected to the soundbar.
Some relevant posts:
- How To Connect Soundbar To TV Bluetooth?
- How To Connect Bose Soundbar To Tv?
- How To Connect Two Wireless Subwoofers To One Soundbar?
Can you pair any subwoofer to any soundbar?
A soundbar doesn’t allow you to add a subwoofer on its own. This is usually only possible if the subwoofer and soundbar are purchased together and designed to connect naturally.
How do I connect my subwoofer to my amp?
How to connect a Subwoofer and an Amplifier
- Turn the amp and subwoofer so that the backs face you.
- Locate the plug that says Sub Out, LFE, or Out on your amplifier.
- Connect the cable included with the subwoofer and the amplifier’s terminal.
How does a subwoofer work with a soundbar?
These connections are quick and easy. Once connected, your subwoofer turns on automatically when your soundbar is powered. A cord will be included with any manual or wired subwoofer. This will how to connect LG subwoofer to TV.
After considerable testing, we found that an optical connection is the ideal way to pair an LG soundbar with a subwoofer. Thanks for reading!