Here’s the answer to the question you’ve all been wondering: how to reset Samsung soundbar? You will only need to do this if the current settings are not compatible with your TV or other components.
You can find this best information in the user manual, included in the soundbar box when you purchased it. Resetting the soundbar will reset the surround sound settings, surround sound preset, surround sound mode, and timing mode. Check our article below.
- 1 Why Do We Need To Reset The Soundbar?
- 2 What is a Soft Reset?
- 3 What is a Hard Reset?
- 4 Try These Before You Attempt A Hard Reset
- 5 Steps to Reset your Samsung Soundbar
- 6 Alternatives for Resetting Samsung Soundbar
- 7 FAQs
- 8 Conclusion
Why Do We Need To Reset The Soundbar?
Resetting your Soundbar can be done for many reasons. Connectivity issues are one of the most common reasons. Sometimes Soundbars would not connect to the TV no matter what you do.
It doesn’t happen if you use a wired connection like an HDMI cable or RCA cable. However, it does occur when you choose to use a wireless connection such as tap Bluetooth.
This can also occur if your Soundbar is connected to many different devices. In the end, your primary device won’t connect Soundbars. To fix this problem, you should clear your connection list and start over.
The Subwoofer that you are using with your Soundbar might be the reason. In this instance, an easy reset should resolve the problem. But. Before you attempt to reset Samsung soundbar, we recommend troubleshooting the problem and seeing if it resolves the issue.
These issues can occur over time with a Samsung soundbar:
- The Soundbars won’t connect to your TV.
- It will not connect to the subwoofer.
- It connects to a Bluetooth device, but it won’t play any sound.
Many people will think about buying a new soundbars or sending it in for RMA (return merchandise authorization) with the manufacturer. Having problems with the soundbars doesn’t necessarily mean that you will have to shell out money for a new one.
In this case, these minor problems can be quickly fixed by performing a reset of Samsung soundbars.
There are two types: Soft reset and Hard reset.
What is a Soft Reset?
A soft reset can be described as a device restart. This has the advantage of not losing any configuration and allowing you to pair your Bluetooth devices again.
What is a Hard Reset?
A hard reset is when your device loads the factory resetting. This removes all settings and user data from your device. It also returns it to the state it was when it arrived at the factory. Also known as factory Settings, a hard reset can also be called factory reset.
Try These Before You Attempt A Hard Reset
The easiest way to resolve most soundbars problems, including connectivity problems, is to perform a hard reset Samsung Bluetooth soundbar. However, this will cause you to lose all of your settings. This is not very convenient. You might try less severe fixes first.
Try connecting another device first. Try connecting a smartphone to your home TV or Soundbars if you are having problems. This will let you know if the problem is with your Soundbars or the paired device.
If the Bluetooth device is the problem, turn it off and then on again. These are very easy to do with any smartphone.
Third, do a soft reset. You won’t lose any configuration or data, so performing a soft reset is safe and secure. Follow these steps:
- Turn off the Soundbar and disconnect the power cord from your power outlet for approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Connect your power cord to the power outlet.
- Turn on the Soundbars.
If none of these works, you will need to perform a hard reset.
Steps to Reset your Samsung Soundbar
Now, you will reset your Samsung soundbar. Although this may seem complicated, it is straightforward and can be done in less than a minute. Follow these steps.
- Press the switch on the button to turn on the Soundbars. You can also use the Tv remote control and a button on your Soundbar.
- Press and hold the power buttons on the remote control, soundbar control panel, or both.
- Continue pressing down the power button until the INIT OK message appears on the display panel. If you don’t have a soundbar display, you will see a red blinking LED light that will stop once the reset is complete.
- Just wait for the Soundbars to restart, and that’s it.
It takes less than one minute, as promised! After your Samsung soundbars has been turned on, you’ll need to reconnect all your devices, including Bluetooth devices. Also, you’ll need to check the setting for any personalizations you wish to add.
Alternatives for Resetting Samsung Soundbar
The easiest way to resolve most minor issues with soundbars, such as connectivity problems, is to perform a factory reset. However, you’ll lose your preferred setting after performing the hard reset. You might consider an alternative method.
You can also fix other connectivity problems. The Bluetooth connectivity that runs the Samsung speakers has limitations. It can sometimes stop working, and you will need to fix it.
You will need to restart the soundbar and all paired devices, such as subwoofers, TV speakers, smartphones, and gaming consoles. Try connecting it to another device if the connectivity problem persists. This will let you know if the problem is with your Soundbar or with the connected device.
Connectivity issues can occur when multiple devices have the Samsung subwoofer soundbar set at the same frequency. It’s recommended to delete devices that have the soundbar frequency set from the range.
You can choose to factory reset if all else fails.
- Image of how to reset the Samsung soundbar
- Let’s now look at the most popular way to easily reset your Samsung Soundbar.
- Please turn on the soundbar by pressing and holding the button on the remote control or the soundbar itself.
- Hold the power button down until the soundbar displays INIT OK.
How can I fix my Samsung Bluetooth Soundbar?
- Samsung sound bar will not pair with Bluetooth device
- Change the Bluetooth pairing mode to a soundbar.
- Verify that the device you’re connecting is in pairing mode.
- You should check for a firmware upgrade on your soundbar.
- Do a hard reset of the device you are connecting. …
- Pair other devices.
- Request Service
What can you do if your soundbar won’t turn off?
Unplug the power cord from Sound Bar. After the Sound Bar is unplugged, hold the power button for five seconds. Connect the power cable and power on your soundbar.
How can I get my soundbar to work?
Make sure the ARC setting of your audio device has been set to ON or AUTO. After turning on the TV, turn on the audio device and verify that sound is being output. Check that the TV’s input is selected on your audio device. Check that sound is being output by changing the TV’s audio output setting from PCM to PCM.
This step should work for most Samsung soundbars.
If you’re not sure, go to the manufacturer’s website and search for a support page for your soundbar or television. Hopefully, if the user manual says to turn off and unplug the power adapter, you can use the step in this article to fix your problem.
Hope you found this little guide helpful, and Hooke Audio also hope you found the time to read it through from beginning to end. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments section below or contact us here, and we’ll be sure to reply as soon as possible.