The Logitech Z200 is a perfect set of speakers for a home office. It is a new release on the market of multimedia speakers, produced by Logitech. They are designed to offer high-quality sound with four speakers, a heavy-duty subwoofer, and a straightforward, colorful design.
If you consider investing in this speaker, this is an excellent place for you. In this Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200 Review, Hookeaudio will show you if it should be worth a buy?
Logitech Z200 Review
- Height: 9.50 in (241.2 mm)
- Width: 3.54 in (90 mm)
- Depth: 4.88 in (124.07 mm)
- Weight: 2.18 lbs (1 kg)
- Total watts Peak: 10 W
- Total watts peak (RMS power): 5 W
- 0.14 in (3.5mm) input: 2
- Handy headphone jack: 1
- Controls: Peak Power, volume, and tone control on the right active speaker.
- Warranty information: 1-Year Limited Hardware warranty
- Two speakers
- Power supply
- User documentation
Pros and Cons
- Versatility: The inconvenience of using headphones with a speaker that is connected to your computer can be a problem. You’d have to unplug another pair of speakers first before you can plug in headphones.
- The Logitech Z200 allows you to connect your headphone to the input of the handy headphone jack in front of the right speaker. Without any hassle, you can instantly make your music and movie experience more private with the headphone jack.
- You don’t have to unplug Logitech Z200 from your computer to connect it with multiple devices You can click another device using an auxiliary cable via the headphone jack input.
- Excellent sound quality: Small speakers are almost impossible to produce room-filling sound. The Logitech Z200 is minor, but it can have a clear sound.
- The Logitech Z200 is easy to use: Only two settings you can adjust: the volume and the deep bass level. You won’t have to look for small buttons anywhere else because the volume knob doubles as an RMS power switch.
- It is compact and elegant but also sturdy. The Z200’s compact design is simple to see. It does not have sharp edges that could potentially cause injury. Its bared drivers enhance its elegant appearance.
- Although it may not be as tall as other speakers, it is still small enough. They can be placed on any table without any difficulty. The 1kg weight and rear stand make it very stable on any flat surface.
- Long cables: Two speakers are connected with a long line of 1.8 meters the adapter cable measures 1.8m in length and the 3.5mm jack cable 1.2m. You have many options when it comes to where you want to place it.
- Affordable price
- High volumes may result in poor sound quality.
- Problems with the bass control knob
- Not portable
- Drivers who are not protected
- Only in black or white
The Logitech Z200 manual is included with this 2.0 speaker system, as well as two long cables. The peak power cable and the cable connecting the Logitech speakers are 5-foot in length. Any device with a 3.5mm port can be connected to the system: TV, laptop or tablet, phone, walkman, etc.
Two drivers (2.5-inch) are included in each speaker. The stereo sound is exceptional, especially when listening to podcasts or watching movies. They start to ring at higher volumes, but they will not ring if the book increases to more than 80 percent.
Logitech Multimedia speakers Z200 can adjust the bass volume by turning the Tone knob. However, I wouldn’t say I like the way it works.
If you need to change the bass level, I recommend using the equalizer rather than this knob. Since they were a bit muted, I spent around 20 minutes tweaking the highs and middles.
Despite being cheap, these speakers sound great. Although the multimedia speakers Z200 can handle most content, including music and movies, there are no special features to the clear stereo sound.
The Logitech Z200 2.0 speakers are protected by a sleek case that has built-in stands. This allows them to tilt at an angle that looks great next to a computer monitor and allows for the stereo sound to radiate upwards at the perfect angle. These speakers are amplified and have a fantastic amount of power. They will be louder than any desktop speakers.
Each speaker has two small drivers on its face. The active driver is connected to the internal amplifier. The passive radiator is not directly amplified and is used to move the dynamic speaker.
This allows the Logitech Z2002.0 to produce deeper bass and room-filling sound than you would expect for a speaker this small (or cost) and makes it more affordable.
The right speaker has volume control. You can either use it, or the computer’s volume controls to adjust the volume. The volume control can also affect the headphone jack, which is very useful. Other than the peak power switch, there is also tone control. This simple sliding switch can be used to increase or decrease bass.
The main cables that connect the Logitech Z2002.0 speakers to your computer or any other source are wired into speakers and plugged into your phone, tablet, computer, or other device’s headphone output.
The right speaker has an additional audio input plug that allows you to simultaneously plug in multiple source devices. This is a handy feature.
These sleek speakers are very noticeable for their bass control. Although not too much, there is an impressive foundation that supports the speakers.
It’s a solid foundation, which is more than we expected. This has been a significant characteristic of speakers, and the 2.0 version may even have a little more.
As mentioned above, the two-driver active/passive configuration allows for exceptionally rich and clear midranges. The stereo sound quality of musical instruments and voices are excellent, as well as full-range audio narrations and podcasts.
Logitech Z200 multimedia speakers 2.0 have tiny tweeters, which you might expect to find. The top 2.5-inch driver acts as both the tweeter AND woofer. While many would expect this to result in minor detail and extension at the higher frequencies, I heard the opposite.
These tiny paper tweeters are so poorly made and cheap that they do not reproduce high frequencies and produce distortion and high-frequency noise. People mistake this noise for Logitech Z200 frequency response audio and believe that the speakers they bought are high quality.
The Logitech Z2002.0 computer speakers don’t have extended high frequencies like expensive stereo speakers. However, the highs are excellent for this range, and there is no distortion or noise. The high-frequency information is more than adequate and smooth, even sweet-sounding.
Performance and Setting up
The Logitech z200 doesn’t require any particular setup. You can plug the unit into a peak power supply and then connect the cables to your computer. An alternative is to use an auxiliary wire to connect your speakers to your smartphone or other audio units.
This is also very easy. There are more straightforward ways to connect your smartphone to the speakers than Bluetooth, but that is not the problem.
These are desktop speakers. However, you will need to plug your smartphone into the right speaker to hear your music. This also removes the portability and comfort of connecting the speakers to your smartphone from your bed.
Overall, the performance of the Logitech z200 speakers was good but not exceptional. There were some concerns. Although the speakers claim to have “rich stereo sound,” this is only half true.
The speakers work as intended when used at normal volume levels. The speakers will produce a slight distortion if you increase the volume. This can be not very pleasant.
The tone control wheel is intended to adjust the bass, but other higher books quickly swallow them up as they lack enough power.
The volume controls have a strange feature: the first quarter of adjustment seems to produce little or no stereo sound. The range audio below the mark seems ineffective unless you are in total silence during the night and can hear almost nothing.
If you want to see the more outstanding speakers, let us how you several popular products on the market now:
Do you the way to make all speakers work on surround sound? if not yet, let us show you how to do it:
Logitech Z200 Multimedia Speakers Review: Conclusion
The Logitech Z200 2.0 Multimedia Speakers are a good choice for those looking for quality audio. They can give room-filling sound, and they work well as a high-quality speaker system. These speakers would be great for those who want to enhance their gaming experience or just want to enjoy the best stereo sound without the hassle of using wires. But it is not outstanding products in our list review recently.
Video: Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200 Reviews